Math Coach & Facilitator
Start Date: Oct 2, 2023
Salary: $90 K - $110 K annually
Position Vacancy - Math Coach & Facilitator to support the math portfolio within the School Systems
Partnerships & Programs (SSPP) portfolio at Bank Street Education Center (the Ed Center)
Summary Position: Bank Street Education Center (the Ed Center), a division within Bank Street College of Education (the College) created to support the College's work with school districts, is currently seeking a Math Coach & Facilitator to support school team coaching and facilitation of network engagements in the content areas of middle grades math and continuous improvement. The Math Coach & Facilitator will work closely with math project teams as well as members across the SSPP team.
Key relationships: The MathCoach & Facilitator will report directly to the Math Project Director , and work closely with members of the math project s teams and broader SSPP team.
Responsibilities: In collaboration with their supervisor and support from the math project team and SSPP team, the Math Coach & Facilitator will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting in the development and implementation of a math and continuous improvement coaching model for participating schools
- Providing direct coaching to individual teachers and school teams in participating schools with a focus on middle grades math and continuous improvement;
- Maintaining clear and consistent communication with teachers, principals, Ed Center staff, and district partners to ensure timely delivery and expectations of coaching;
- Working with the project analyst to identify coaching goals, logs, data collection tools in order to measure impact of coaching work across the lifespan of the project;
- Completing coaching logs following school visits and providing coaching updates to the team in weekly meetings/check-in structures;
- Reflecting on coaching experiences with Ed Center staff members in order to support the continued strengthening of the Ed Center coaching model;
- Supporting in content development for continuous improvement and mathematics professional learning aligned to district goals determined through the continuous improvement process;
- Participating in and supporting in facilitation of professional learning sessions aligned to the learning arc for math projects, including Network Meetings, School Team Meetings, School Leader Meetings, district strategic planning calls, etc.;
- Partnering with the math project teams to ensure the successful implementation of all aspects of the project;
- Performing related duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Background in curriculum, instruction, professional development, and/or assessment in mathematics
- Expertise in middle grades math concepts, particularly in the NYC Public Schools education landscape
- Comfort in Google Suite (e.g., Docs, Sheets, Slides, forms); Qualtrics or other data-capturing tool
- Strong communications skills (email, writing, in-person)
- Flexibility in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment of quickly changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated learning stance
- Minimum of 3-5 years of coaching and/or school leadership and/or district leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop teachers/teacher teams
- Experience designing and facilitating professional learning sessions
- Experience in continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience working with diverse and historically marginalized students
- Master's degree in education, school leadership, or related field Mindsets:
- An intersectional, anti-racist lens and strengths-based approach to racial equity and identity work and team collaboration
- A culturally responsive perspective to child and adult development and Learning
- A reflective learner's stance
$90,000 - $110,000 Application information:
- This position is contingent upon available funding.
- Please apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume for the position in the "Job Opportunities" section on Bank Street's website:
- Please address cover letters to:
Vice President, Bank Street Education Center
Bank Street College
610 West 112th Street
New York, NY 10025
- In your cover letter, please include where you came across this job posting
BANK STREET COLLEGE OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION ETHNIC ORIGIN, SEX, OR DISABILITY IN ITS
EMPLOYMENT POLICIES AND OTHER COLLEGE ADMINISTERED PROGRAMS.Notice to Applicant: COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
We appreciate your interest in employment at Bank Street College of Education. We would like to note that the College has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which requires all faculty and staff to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
For additional information regarding our policy on the COVID-19 vaccination, click .
This job has expired.