Huntsman's Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a new Material Handler/Logistics for our plant located in Rock Hill, SC.
As the Material Handler/Logistics , you will:
Skills and experiences required:
- Receiving inbound materials physically and into SAP.
- Maintain bin location moves in SAP based off physical move in inventory.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Responsible for unloading bulk shipments of raw materials.
- Responsible for ensuring materials are staged and ready to process in a FIFO basis.
- Cycle count areas for inventory control and FIFO consumption.
- Ensure the production areas are cleared after batch completion. Double check they are weighted and labeled correctly and returned to designated storage area.
- Responsible for weekly tank log, weekly physical inventories (AKA cycle counts), and spill check sheets via excel and/or SAP.
- Responsible for ensuring partial containers of raw materials and finished products are kept to a minimum and staged for recovery as needed based off production schedule.
- Work with production, technical and compliance personnel to identify and follow through disposition of out-of-specification raw materials, finished products, and by-products.
- Help maintain shipping and receiving dock clean and free of clutter.
- Responsible for unloading bulk raw materials, and loading waste tank wagons, and trailers.
- Ensure all containers filled have proper labels, seals, placards, and all valves closed ready to ship.
- Record non-conformance properly via assigned system(s) (e.g., EHS Insight).
- Keeps raw material warehouse area organized, clean and stored FIFO.
- Stage and Ship customer orders, and plant needed item.
- Ship and receive small quantity packages, FedEx, UPS, etc.
- Actively participate on assigned company-designated teams and committees and demonstrate a positive influence to employees and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be extremely safety oriented.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 2 or more years' experience working in a chemical plant or similar environment.
- 2 plus years' experience Shipping/Receiving or Warehouse skills Preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment is critical.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Certification in DOT, IMO and IATA hazardous shipping as well as hazardous waste handling is a preferred, but will train.
- Possess/demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn skills and knowledge of basic math to fulfill duties of this position.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a forklift with a safe record.
- Ability to function within EHS Insight, and SAP, intermediate skills for Excel are required.
- Self-motivated and able to work as a team with good organizational and planning skills.
- Works in a chemical processing plant and may be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors, and fumes
- May be exposed to hazardous work environments
- Work in an environment that involves exposure to unpleasant and noxious fumes and odors
- to work in a close proximity to caustic chemicals in a confined area
- Within the general range of an office environment. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities. Ability to walk or stand for up to three hours at a time. Capable of lifting 40 lbs. This position may require the use of respiratory protection.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed regularly to outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to elevated places.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.