Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job :
This position will be responsible for successful management of company owned distributorship to meet or exceed all operational and financial goals, including gross profit generating and lead acquisition strategies.
First % number = For those operations with >90,000 units sold
Second % number = For those operations with < 89,999 and >60,000 units sold
Third % number = For those operations with < 59,999 and >40,000 units sold
Forth % number = for those operations with < 39,999 units sold
- Accountable for the P&L and budget performance for the operation.
- Review, monitor and analyze weekly scorecard and monthly financials to identify variances to FY financial plan and design and implement action plans to address deficiencies.
- Actively manage AR to maintain acceptable level for operation.
- Develop and implement action plans for accounts with unacceptable AR balances.
- Participate in developing annual operation budget.
- Manage inventory to coincide with selling activity to ensure proper levels.
- Plan for and identify root causes of inventory deviation through cause and effect analysis and design and implement action plans to address deficiencies.
- Manage Dealer Inventory Optimization (DIO) for maximum sales efficiency.
Customer Focus: (15/30/30/40%)
- Review, monitor and analyze tools on smart dashboard to identify markets that may be declining and design and implement action plans to address decline.
- Understands key account hierarchy, visits and maintains relationships with key account decision makers at each.
- Manage dealer erosion.
- Develops expertise with regards to product and service competition in respective market.
- Key contact for complaints received by operation.
- Investigate all complaints and respond back to complaining customer within reasonable timeframe.
- Work with sales team to acquire new business within region.
- Formulates, develops, implements and measures market strategies penetration in respective market.
Human Capital: (40/20/10/5%)
- Communicate Enterprise initiatives, IOT goals and Regional objectives to operation staff to ensure clarity and alignment.
- Establish set weekly meetings with operation staff.
- Provide annual performance reviews to all operation staff.
- Hire and promote individuals based on the proven behaviors that align with 5 requirements, 1 standard and the competencies identified for success for given job position.
- Manage labor to meet utilization objectives for operation.
- Provide performance management utilizing progressive discipline process.
- Provide recognition and reward for team members that demonstrate outstanding performance
- Provide consistent training and coaching to develop team members knowledge, abilities and skills.
- Ensures data integrity and timely submittals into reporting systems.
- Ensures compliance with all IOT standard operating procedures, including OSHA, and DOT compliance.
- Focuses on development of best practices that provide greater productivity and efficiencies and drive distributorship revenue goals.
- Manage routing procedures to ensure maximum utilization of equipment and manpower.
- Provide on-going feedback for continuous process improvement
- Carry out Enterpirse tests as needed.
- Support Enterprise initiatives from other business units as well as IOT.
- Minimum of 5 years proven managerial experience is required
- Previous experience in a Warehouse or Distribution environment a plus
- Computer skills including Word and Excel preferred
- Knowledge of battery or automotive systems a plus
- Fosters teamwork - Interest, skill and success in getting groups to learn to work together cooperatively.
- Strong Communication - both oral and written
- Detail oriented - Pays careful attention to details.
- Interpersonal awareness - Notice, interpret and anticipate others' concerns and feelings
- Plans and organizes - Lays out tasks in a logical and orderly sequence. Establishes and follows through on priorities.
- Results oriented - Is intent upon achieving practical results. Concentrates attention on making things happen..
- Responsive - Reacts promptly to suggestions and requests.
- Actively and frequently seeks input from others.
- Managing Performance - Takes responsibility for team members performance. Utilize clear goals, expectations, feedback and addresses performance problems and issue promptly.
- Customer Focused - Focuses on satisfying customers
- Entrepreneurial Orientation - Looks for and seizes profitable business opportunities; willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
- Initiative - Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked to or required by the situation.
- Battery business knowledge
- Contacts are internal -(Operation Directors. Market General Managers, ACES, NAC, HO staff) and external (Customers).
- This position operates with high degree of relational interaction and minimal supervision.
- Must build and maintain relationships across Enterprise associated with source data of all types.
- Ability to sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time.
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp or handle, talk and hear, stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move 50+ lbs.
- May be exposed to battery warehouse conditions such as exposure to moving equipment mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Prolonged use of personal computer & telephone.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Interstate Batteries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Interstate Batteries complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Interstate Batteries expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Interstate Batteries' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
This job has expired.