Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
This individual will be responsible for performing release, in-process, stability, and process characterization testing for our PSS client's Cell and Gene Therapy clinical development and commercial programs in a cGMP compliant manner working in the MSAT (Manufacturing Science and Technology) group. This position will perform all activities according to approved written procedures or protocols. Additional responsibilities may include revision to SOPs, method validations, method transfers, and comparability assessments or bridging activities with new analytical methods required for INDa and BLA.
- Lead a team of other MSAT Scientists by providing guidance, training and insight to more junior team members
- Co-lead in the development of automated preparation processes
- Planning including quarterly forecasting of reagent stocks, cytokines, small molecules, and mammalian cells
- Management of logistics including distribution of materials to customers
- Scheduling co-employees deliverables based upon forecast
- Aseptic preparation of reagent stocks, including media, cytokines, and small molecules
- Cell culture including the maintenance and expansion of mammalian cells
- Timely and detailed record keeping of all activities
- Communicate experimental results to manager
- Perform daily standardization and performance verifications on laboratory equipment
- Comply with site wide procedures including but not limited to change control, documentation, deviation reporting, cGMP compliance, safety, and electronic data security
- Identify deviations to written procedures & write deviation investigation reports
- Compile raw data, perform data trending, and write detailed comprehensive summary reports as required
- B.S. degree in biological sciences, chemistry, biomedical engineering, immunology, or other related fields
- 4 years of relevant laboratory experience with leadership experience, preferred,
- Prior experience in mammalian cell culture and excellent aseptic technique, preferred
- Excellent record-keeping and communication skills
- Ability to learn and acquire technical skills in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, able to communicate results clearly in writing and orally
Position is full-time with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Poway, San Diego, CA
are encouraged to apply.What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services®(PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our websitewww.eurofinsus.com.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.