Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will co-develop and implement site-wide maintenance management systems and processes, with the goal of supporting the business ambition of the site through delivery of best-in-class maintenance. This role will manage and coordinate day-to-day efforts of the Maintenance Department by setting standards for equipment, implementing TPM (total productive maintenance), and continuously achieve equipment performance metrics. This role will report directly to the Plant Director/Manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience and a proven record of working cross functionally with a strong background in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies. Must have experience with administrating company policies. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who understands process operation, loves to work hands-on with production equipment, and is a skilled communicator of Maintenance & Reliability concepts to a general audience. This role is a great fit for someone with outstanding problem-solving abilities and has understanding of various processes in the manufacturing plant.
· Co-Develop site local maintenance strategy including maintenance performance measures and set targets for year 1 and for longer term aspirations for years 2 – 5.
· Develop and implement maintenance life plans for all assets, an appropriate combination of predictive, preventive, and reactive activities, to achieve desired levels of plant performance and availability at optimal maintenance cost.
· Ultimately responsible for implementing/expanding/managing and improving Maintenance & Reliability of systems and equipment to continuously reduce downtime and improve site production performance.
· Responsible for evaluating the technical skills of maintenance team and implementing the right development plans / training as needed.
· Maintain and adjust maintenance staffing strategy and scheduling to fully support plant production needs as production demand and schedules change.
· Setting expectations on individuals’ behavior and performance and ensuring that regular feedback is provided both by formal routes but also in regular Gemba sessions.
· Coaching and providing development to improve the behavior/performance of individuals and the team to ensure that the expectations are being met.
· Co-Develop and implement a spare parts strategy, including inventory polices, supply chain and procurement optimization and storeroom operations and for 3rd party maintenance services, including outsourcing policy and contracting strategy to achieve optimum service and cost.
· Function as the plant owner of equipment installation, upgrades, and dependability issues, and lead or assist in trouble shooting processes or equipment issues.
· Lead electrical and mechanical maintenance groups and manage annual maintenance budget.
· Lead preventive and predictive maintenance efforts to maximize plant uptime and reduce maintenance costs while improving safety, quality, reliability, and productivity.
· Develop and maintain effective lines of communication with the production departments to ensure plant maintenance and reliability support plant goals.
· Responsible for continuously improving operations through innovation and new concepts that improve results while reducing costs.
· This position is an active leader in driving safety, quality, productivity, and cost reduction efforts.
· Establish and drive improvements in OEE (overall equipment effectiveness).
· Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
· 5 years+ Maintenance & Reliability experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Ability to develop / maintain local Reliability programs, as well as address short-term equipment operation issues.
· Strong understanding of reliability and maintenance principles including data analysis techniques and statistical interpretation skills, failure analysis including preservation of evidence techniques, maintenance and reliability best practices including planning and scheduling processes, rotating equipment and alignment techniques, basic Materials Science including material selection and properties, lubrication and fundamentals of interpreting oil analysis results and vibration analysis.
· Strong background in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
· Strong understanding of Spare Parts Management Program.
· Experience with preventive and predictive maintenance technologies and practices.
· Ability to work in the plant responding to problems and improvements/solutions.
· Demonstrate track record of successes leading maintenance efforts in a manufacturing environment.
· Ability to manage multiple initiatives independently with strong organizational skills.
· Solid problem-solving skills: RCCA experience preferred and strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization.
· Lead individuals or project teams to achieve milestones and objectives by setting priorities and providing direction
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!