Expected Travel: None
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine-At Teleflex, we promote the use of advanced anesthesia and emergency medicine techniques to help improve outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. We equip clinicians with some of the most advanced medical devices on the market today, from our world-class brands including:
• LMA® and Rüsch® airway management devices designed to help reduce the risk of airway-related complications
• Arrow® pain management products designed to improve patients' post-operative pain experience
• The Arrow® EZ-IO® System that helps address the time-critical challenge of emergency vascular access, and
• QuikClot® and QuikClot Control+® hemostatic devices, used by hospitals, EMS, and the military for hemorrhage control in a broad range of bleeding situations.
Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers advanced medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
The Interventional Cardiology/Radiology Operations based in Chelmsford MA is offering a Co-Op assignment for 6 - 9 months, during which the candidate will work on a variety of projects associated with development and sustaining manufacturing processes for the manufacturing of Catheters and Cardiac Pumps. The Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op will be part of a team and perform various engineering tasks to support existing processes, documentation, as well as validation. This position will report directly to the Sr. Manufacturing Engineering Manager and mentored by a Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Responsible for completing assigned technical tasks
- Support manufacturing processs development and improvement activities
- Implementation of deliverables for validation and verification activities
- Documentation of assembly and testing processes as well as evaluation of data collected to draw a conclusion with respect to specifications
- Work under the direction of other engineers (or another supervisor as assigned) through all production phases to help ensure product quality, manufacturability, reliability, and cost-effectiveness
- Basic Design and ability to evaluate specifications and drawings to evaluate process impacts
- Ensure that work product meets FDA and other Regulatory Standards as designated by company Policies and Design Control Procedures.
- Adhere to all Company policies, rules, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
- Technical Interface to other departments
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical, Bio-Medical, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or Equivalent. Recent Graduates may also be eligible.
• CAD (Solidworks Preferred), Knowledge of engineering fundamentals; Knowledge of Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
• Good interpersonal skills and well organized
• Proficient in most common PC-based applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Electro-mechanical skills, including the reading and interpretation of schematics and mechanical engineering drawings.
• Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes, assembly and electronics test technology.
• Project planning and management skills a plus
• Direct experience in manufacturing or production environment a plus.
• Familiarity with FDA QSR documentation a plus.
• Communication - clear - written, and spoken in the English language
• Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.