Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Requisition ID: 5388
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
US COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Teleflex is focused on the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our customers. Teleflex will comply with US government regulations regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirements for US workers. To ensure we are prepared for all applicable vaccination requirements, Teleflex is currently collecting vaccination status and accommodation requests from our US based employees.
Employees and new hires in sales or field-based roles that require vendor credentials to access medical facilities as an essential function of the job, may be required to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination based on customers/site requirement. This requirement is independent of Teleflex policy or any applicable US governmental regulations.
Interventional - The Interventional business unit at Teleflex offers innovative medical devices that are used to diagnose and treat coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We place a strategic emphasis on complex coronary and peripheral interventions, vascular access, bone access, specialty biologic treatments and cardiac assist. Our current Interventional products include a broad range of clinically relevant solutions, such as our GuideLiner® and Turnpike® Catheters, AC3 Optimus™ Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump and OnControl® Powered Bone Access System. With a strong R&D footprint and pipeline, our fast-growing Interventional business unit is poised to continue the development of new technologies to serve critically ill patients for years to come. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
The Manufacturing Engineer III will be responsible for activities supporting manufacturing by achieving metrics such as yield, efficiency, etc. This individual will be responsible for identifying and completing projects that improve quality, increase capacity, and reduce cost of goods sold. As part of identifying and completing projects, this individual will be expected to effectively partner with other functions such as Quality Engineering, R&D, Process Development, Operations, Marketing, etc. In addition, this individual may be part of development teams to assist with the design and development of new products. Experience with IQ/OQ/PQ and P/DFMECA is required, experience with Lean Principles is preferred.
• Ensure production-specific metrics, such as yield, efficiency, etc. are met and sustained
• Establishes process controls of products and processes.
• Execute improvement projects to improve quality, increase capacity, reduce scrap, or reduce cost
• Participate in timely disposition of non-conformances, root cause investigations, and CAPA actions related to materials, methods, operators, equipment, and manufacturing environment
• Create as required and sustain manufacturing procedures and product structure BOMs that are accurate, complete, identify safety-critical processes, and represent current approved best practices
• May be required to develop test systems, fixtures and software in order to attain performance metrics
• Coordinate with production management in planning of and implementing the necessary technical changes required to sustain adequate production line capacity
• Interface with Suppliers to ensure compliance and resolution of any reported issues.
• Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and supervision of Manufacturing Technicians
Education / Experience Requirements
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, BSEE preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years' experience in an electro-mechanical assembly and test environment including Hi-Pot as well as Board and System Level Functional Testing. ICT Knowledge a plus.
• Experience with FDA QSR process and validation documentation requirements a plus.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Must be able to resolve problems and interpret complex mechanical or electro-mechanical drawings
• Experience with IQ/OQ/PQ and P/DFMECA
• Working knowledge of analog, digital and high voltage circuit design.
• Working knowledge of software design.
• Project management experience demonstrating the ability to meet schedule and budget targets.
• Proficient in software development (PLC, LabWindows/CVI). LabView/TestStand Preferred
• Experience in the development of production test fixtures is desirable
• Proficient in most common PC based applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Knowledge of six-sigma and Lean manufacturing a plus.
• Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to complete tasks and projects with minimal direction
• Ability to provide work direction/mentor Technicians and other Engineers
• Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of internal and external customers and/or suppliers
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.