Auto Truck Group is a leading vehicle upfitter for fleets, dealers, and commercial users in a variety of trades such as construction, transportation, energy, telecom, utilities, municipal, and hospitality. Kargo Master, an Auto Truck subsidiary, is a manufacturer and distributor of truck and van productivity solutions. Headquartered in Bartlett, Illinois and operating across North America, we design, manufacture and install commercial equipment that transforms client vehicles into a competitive advantage.
What will you do?
- Responsible for implementing process improvements and changes that ensure safety, improve product quality, reduce installation time, and reduce cost.
- Utilize lean concepts including standardized work, problem solving methodologies, material handling and planning, and kaizen activities.
- Work closely with Design Engineering, Account Management, Operations, and our Shops.
- Lead assigned projects using Project Management best practices.
- Solve problems using data driven decisions.
- Spend a significant portion of time on the shop floor.
- Travel to our facilities for project work and execution accounts for about 30% of time.
- Coordinate Pilot builds for Strategic customers at the shop level:
- Identify and design installation fixtures and templates
- Define critical to quality elements and implement stops to prevent defects
- Build Process Documents to ensure efficient installation of our products
What are we looking for?
- Set up production lines for large quantity builds.
- Support daily manufacturing operations.
- Lead special manufacturing projects.
- Lead lean initiatives and cost savings.
- Oversee and participate in problem resolution within our manufacturing processes.
- Support and interact with the Quality team.
What we offer:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, or equivalent appropriate technical BS degree preferred but not required.
- Associate's Degree in Technical Field, such as Engineering Technology, Product Design, or Manufacturing Technology.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in one of the following fields: Operations, Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering.
- Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen, Lean experience and formal training preferred.
- Prior experience with automotive mechanics, welding, sheet metal forming, mobile hydraulics, and 12 volt DC electrical circuits preferred
- Ability to influence and lead a cross functional team in a fast paced environment where the team members are not direct reports.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access, Project and Power Point.
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), on the job training and development and much more.
Holman Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.