MANAGER - SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Explore our passion for discovery
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We're adaptable, curious and ambitious. That's why here, you'll have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more.
The Manager Software Engineering position provides leadership, management, direction, and vision to development squads of engineers and/or development employees needed to support, run, and change activities in the software development life cycle for our Financial Risk Products. The position is additionally expected to report progress against key initiatives, risks and issues, and operational support for the team's technology estate to senior management. Additional responsibilities may include giving input into the department budget, identifying, and supporting talent, and defining resource requirements and allocations. This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
This is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking industry leader that presents a multitude of opportunities. We are a diverse workforce dedicated to an inclusive environment. We are interested in technologists who want to grow their careers with LexisNexis Risk Solutions Company.
- 10+ years of Software Development experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Complete management responsibilities to include performance management, hiring and coaching of staff, and resource planning.
- Serve as a primary technical point of contact for external technology resources.
- Recommend technical strategy and direction across functional area. Participate in development and evolution of architecture.
- Provide design input across a product. Interface with other technical personnel or team members to help finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
- Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to create better solutions, products, and services.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Ensure all staff is provided with training and resources needed to perform their jobs to the most outstanding degree.
- Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
- Manage and encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovations.
- Ability to adapt to new roles and responsibilities in Agile Software development process.
- Expertise and proven experience managing developers of all types (remote, in-person, blended) in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven track record of coding and mentoring others in developing solutions
- Expertise in development languages including but not limited to: Java/J2EE, JSP, Java script, HTML, XML, SQL, Windows, Linux. Etc.
- Proven experience with secure coding principles OWASP Top 10 and practices strong proficiency in relational database technology (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) especially as it pertains to usage in Java applications.
- Experience with Azure or AWS Cloud Architecture, system design, microservices and serverless technologies to solve key business problems and facilitate team goals
- Proven knowledge and experience in project planning and management tools (JIRA, MS project management, Excel) to manage project progress, budget and scope.
- Knowledge in normalized/dimensional data modeling principles and their application to complex business needs.
- Proven expertise and experience applying industry best practices in all aspects of development.
- Experience in reviewing functional designs and designing architectures that drive high-quality, testable secure code.
- Expertise in creating technical design specification documents of system components of advanced complexity.
- Expertise in industry best practices for Agile software development. Proven ability to implement and lead test-driven development and maintenance.
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
- Strong organization/project planning, time management, presentation, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.