Moderna is seeking a Sample Management Associate for the Clinical Biomarker Laboratory to serve as a point of contact to support logistical aspect of clinical specimen testing activities across multiple clinical projects. This position reports to the Associate Director of Lab Operations, part of Moderna's Clinical Biomarkers group.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Lead and Participate in bio-specimen accessioning and ordering with our internal group
- Establish robust procedures to ensure shipment and tracking of biospecimen shipment through LIMS and specimen storage and preparation for all biomarker groups
- Ensure tracking, delivery and tracking of biospecimen shipment through LIMS
- Manage the specimen storage at the appropriate temperature and location in Biostorage
- Prepare specimen for technical staff for testing according to schedule and testing plans for the day
- Recommendations for the implementation of strategic lab operation objectives
- Support the Lab manager with the implementation of new technical resources to improve on clinical specimen storage through LIMS (RFID system)
- Lead implementation of new automated platforms and their integration into the Lab operations
- Manage compliance to regulations and SOPs
- Manage LIMS access for specimen accessioning
- Support the implementation of strategic lab operation objectives
- Maintain compliance to regulations and SOPs
- Scheduling laboratory and equipment time for staff
- Participate to the Laboratory workflow daily, including quality control on instruments, schedule maintenance with vendors upon needs
- Acting as a liaison between leadership staff and key stakeholders
- Ensuring that all team members have been trained to use laboratory equipment, software, and supplies safely and efficiently
- Maintain clinical biomarker laboratory SOPs directory
- Actively participate in the cleansing and sanitizing of the lab according to EHS policies and Laboratory SOPs
- Specific duties may change depending on the Laboratory growth and type of new instruments and personnel joining the team along the time
- Occasionally the job may require overtime work or weekend shift as needed
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- High School diploma required. Bachelor's degree in a related scientific discipline is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant sample management experience in CRO, biomedical institution, pharmaceutical
- Experience in lab management (LIMS) and clinical specimen management are needed.
- Ability to oversee multiple aspects of the operations.
- Previous experience in working in CLIA, GLP or diagnostics regulated laboratory is preferred
- Attention to detail, organizational ability, judgement, and excellent communication skill
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Since our founding in 2010, we have aspired to build the leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to reimagine how medicines are created and delivered, and a world-class team. We believe in giving our people a platform to change medicine and an opportunity to change the world.
By living our mission, values, and mindsets every day, our people are the driving force behind our scientific progress and our culture. Together, we are creating a culture of belonging and building an organization that cares deeply for our patients, our employees, the environment, and our communities.
We are proud to have been recognized as a Science Magazine Top Biopharma Employer, a Fast Company Best Workplace for Innovators, and a Great Place to Work in the U.S.
If you want to make a difference and join a team that is changing the future of medicine, we invite you to visit modernatx.com/careers to learn more about our current opportunities.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We're focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at firstname.lastname@example.org. (EEO/AAP Employer)
This job has expired.