The Manager, Products is responsible for collaborating with operations stakeholders, software development and external clients to define and prioritize the Product Vision and Roadmap. This position applies agile principles to deliver innovative product solutions.
- Leads and drives product planning; oversees development and implementation.
- Manages a team of product-focused professionals, establishing & implementing metrics to drive high performance and efficiency.
- Creates a positive team atmosphere by actively engaging and mentoring employees.
- Establishes and maintains product portfolio and representation of the portfolio for sales, segment leadership, and the Product Community.
- Uses market research and user input to identify product gaps and opportunities to improve and optimize.
- Engages with sales, account management, internal operations, software development and key market stakeholders to define product needs and innovation opportunities.
- Assists with pricing for each product; tracks and reports profitability margins at the product and customer level.
- Assists in the development of clear documentation, user manuals, training materials and business process flows that explain how our technical solutions and business processes are executed.
- Participates in development of annual departmental budget, monitors budget, and identifies budget discrepancies. Researches cause and makes recommendations.
- Responsible for balancing workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department.
- Manages product roadmap priorities to ensure development work is prioritized.
- Provides direction on use cases for product enhancements and new products to product and technical team.
- Works effectively with business unit's senior leaders and functional teams to ensure success.
- Plays an active role in agile sprint ceremonies throughout an engagement including but not limited to - team cadence, cross platform coordination, discovery and framing, and stakeholder governance
- Evangelizes and upholds agile practices and methodologies
- Evaluates customer requests for capabilities, industry drivers, and competition to determine product priorities.
- Evaluates regulatory changes to determine how they should be accommodated in business unit's products.
- Defines solutions for prospects, including business unit's products and their integration with third party solutions.
- Leads key product definition, prioritization, and launch decisions.
- Leads product strategy and scope decisions based on internal and external factors.
Directly supervises exempt and non-exempt staff in accordance with company policies and applicable Federal and State Laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to effectively interviewing, hiring, terminating, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; supporting and encouraging the engagement process.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Computer Science, or a related field. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Seven (7) years experience of progressive responsibility in a relevant industry with demonstrated technical knowledge that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities required. Three (3) years supervisory or lead experience in healthcare or property & casualty insurance required. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of SDLC, as needed for the business unit.
- Strong knowledge of Health Insurance plan specifications or P&C insurance.
- Understands the needs of health plans related to HIPAA, CMS, and other regulatory requirements, as needed for the business unit.
- Ability to create business cases, taking into consideration market demand, competitive pricing, cost to build, and cost to operate.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Excellent story writing and story splitting skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Working knowledge of Lean and Agile values, principles, and practices.
- Must have collaborative attitude and innovative mindset.
- Must demonstrate leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff and interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work with and empower others on a collaborative basis to ensure success of unit team.
- Ability to effectively exchange information, in verbal or written form, by sharing ideas, reporting facts and other information, responding to questions and employing active listening techniques.
- Ability to effectively present budgetary and/or cost information, and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to establish workflows, manages multiple projects, and meets necessary deadlines.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.