The Enterprise Project/Program Management Lead Consultant is accountable for independently leading all aspects of multiple complex programs or projects with a high level of risk, organizational span, business complexity, team size, and interdependencies. Projects may be across multiple functional areas and are of strategic importance to the organization.
- Manages high complexity projects independently with no support or direction from others
- Directs strategic project/programs of high complexity and impact
- Drives project execution. Provides direction and oversight throughout project lifecycle to project team to meet applicable business requirements
- Drives achievement of projects/program success factors
- Delivers project results through leadership and influence rather than authority and control; leverages organizational dynamics to influence outcomes through leadership and communication skills
- Delivers project communication on complicated projects and issues in an easily understood simplified style to any audience
- Motivates others to share in project challenges and inspires them to achieve project goals while constructively evaluating their performance
- Customizes solutions for complex issues typically involving enterprise-level considerations
- Represents the projects/program and its objectives in all governance and gating forums
- Engages appropriate stakeholders in risk identification and mitigation
- Assesses and reports health of all projects in an objective manner, maintaining project transparency and accurate status; keeps management informed
This job does not have supervisory dutiesPreferred Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of project management experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Project Management Certification
- Demonstrated track record in delivering multiple complex projects and/or programs as well as managing/mentoring of project managers with a strong focus on execution
- Excellent written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated expert skills in team leadership and conflict management
- Strong people oversight and mentoring skills
- Strong consultative, customer focus skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Advanced organization skills
- Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures
- Change agility
- Systems thinking
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.