Why Badger Meter?
Are you looking to join a dynamic team where you have the autonomy and challenge that lets you learn and grow your career? Are you energized when you know that your contributions matter and make a difference in business success? If yes, then Badger Meter may be a great place for you!
For more than 115 years, Badger Meter has provided strong, stable financial growth, in turn providing employees with the opportunity to build long, successful careers. As a leading manufacturer of flow measurement technology, Badger Meter offers many opportunities to measure what matters in protecting the world's water and other precious resources. Our company is large enough to continually drive market innovation, all while we maintain a collaborative and flexible working atmosphere.
What You Will Contribute:
This position is responsible for management of the software product management and marketing team and will be based out of the Global Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI. The Manager of Software Product Management is responsible for managing the SaaS platform, features and modules throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with software engineering to deliver winning solutions. It also includes collaborating with sales, strategic software services, legal, finance, other support functions, as well as customers to ensure profit, revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Manager will work closely with the Director of Software marketing and leadership team to ensure the software roadmap(s) supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
- Having excellent understanding of the market and customer dynamics, the Manager develops the initial business case, primary product positioning and pricing strategy, product commercialization and develops the launch plans in concert with marketing. Manages the lifecycle of the product, including growth strategy, technology and derivative product roadmap to end of life and product replacement.
- Define and maintain detailed functional definitions of new products based on analysis of market requirements, corporate objectives and available technology. Prepare marketing specifications as appropriate.
- Determine product pricing and pricing strategies/policies based on established gross margin objectives and preparation of plans for margin improvement where necessary.
- Prepare competitive analysis and formulation of competitive counter strategies for new and existing products.
- Researches and evaluates software platforms and features, SaaS best practices and similar models in other markets to bring in fresh and innovative ideas outside the industry
- Facilitates in-field testing and manages both existing and new relationships to maintain customer feedback
- Learn the customer, market and business to think holistically and beyond the product line to connect dots and create competitive solutions
- Attend technical symposiums and exhibits to maintain knowledge on available and competitive technology and to become a thought leader in the market.
- Manage product life cycle, including initiation of product improvements, enhancements, approval of change notices and product obsolescence consistent with business plans.
- Responsible for managing new product launch process from beginning of marketing specification stage through launch/release to the market.
- Provide leadership in decision-making and problem-solving to ensure successful product line business performance.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable Badger Meter policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coordination with Sales Division and Support Services, and other groups as appropriate, to implement the product training and distribution plans.
- Define and communicate market and customer requirements through interaction with Project Teams, Business Teams, and other departments to maximize market success.
- Recognized by management and peers as the expert on the market and the product lines within the business segment and competent on market and product issues beyond assigned product line(s).
- Determine total market and available market for the product lines within the business segment.
- Responsible for managing strategic partnerships/alliances as they pertain to the business segment and products within the business segment.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in product management
- 3+ years of experience in Saas Product Management
- Experience using Jira or other ticketing system
- Availability to travel (estimated at 30%) for tradeshows, customer visits, etc
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple projects/tasks
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college, MBA or Master's Degree preferred
- Coding or other software experience preferred
- Scrum framework knowledge or experience preferred
Badger Meter is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the "EEO is the Law" poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm