At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Celgard where we develop and manufacture membrane battery separators that are critical components used in lithium-ion batteries for electric drive vehicles (EDVs) and energy storage systems (ESS).
Originates and develops methods as part of the plant preventive maintenance system for determining reliability of components, equipment, and processes. Prepares charts, drawings, calculations, and conducts an analysis of reliability problems. Investigates to determine the Root Cause of Failure and implements strategic actions to eliminate reliability issues. Supports maintenance and project engineering as it pertains to equipment reliability and improvements.
General Duties of the Job:
- Development of equipment procedures and documentation for both existing and new equipment installations.
- Provide coaching to Maintenance team members when necessary.
- Works with Project Engineering group to maximize reliability and maintainability of new equipment and improve equipment reliability.
- Investigate equipment failures and recurring issues.
- Diagnose root cause of failures, implement corrective actions.
- Ownership and continuous improvement of plant predictive maintenance programs.
- Equipment documentation and record keeping systems to track and improve equipment reliability and validate effectiveness.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve department efficiency to yield higher machine uptime and lower maintenance cost.
- Effective communication across all levels of the organization.
- Develop and manage maintenance reliability program and drive reliability culture.
- Scope and supervise contractor maintenance work and capital projects as they pertain to equipment reliability.
- This role would support reliability programs in two local plants (Concord and Charlotte Plant).
- BS in Engineering, BSME preferred.
- Prefer 5 years relative work experience with a minimum of 2 years in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated skills in diagnosing and resolving manufacturing equipment issues.
- Demonstrated skills in new equipment start-ups and maintenance of equipment.
- Experience implementing and maintaining equipment reliability programs a plus.
- Enjoys hands-on equipment troubleshooting.
- CAD experience relative to equipment design (AutoCAD & Inventor preferred).
- Effective communication skills.
- Analytical, experience applying investigative techniques for problem resolution.
- Strong computer skills (database experience with SQL a plus).
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.