Your best life. Our one purpose.
At MercyOne Siouxland, we understand that elevating patient-centered care comes from the efforts of all colleagues. We imagine and embrace bold new ideas to revolutionize health care.
What we offer:
We care about your wellbeing, both physical and mental, which is why our benefit package includes:
About the job:
- Wellness programs
- Education reimbursement
- Personalized health insurance plans including dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Long- and short-term leave
- Retirement planning
- Life insurance coverage
Under limited supervision, repairs and maintains through general and preventative maintenance, hospital buildings, grounds, and equipment. The job requires skilled use of various hand tools, power tools, and equipment. What you will do:
What we are looking for:
- Has knowledge, skills and ability to accomplish most tasks in the areas of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, electronics and grounds.
- Works unsupervised on skilled projects and has the ability to lead the work.
- Leads or assists work on complex tasks involving multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner as per established industry standards, often initiating them in response to identified needs.
- Safely uses complex hand and power tools and safely operates more complex equipment without immediate and direct supervision for most tasks in accordance with the design and the recognized usage for the equipment.
- Prioritizes tasks to insure that the most critical work is accomplished first.
- Researches parts and materials needed to complete tasks. Prepares purchase requisitions, receives deliveries, and organizes stock items.
- Assists other department personnel and departments as assigned in more complex tasks, often initiating them in response to identified needs.
- Completes documentation and paper work as necessary to demonstrate effectiveness of time management, and to maintain an accurate and complete work history database.
- Functions as a member of the Physical Plant Services team through cooperation with other department personnel while maintaining a team approach to problem solving.
- Performs preventive maintenance and safety tests on equipment and systems according to established procedures and schedules.
- Recognizes and communicates issues/occurrences utilizing established lines of authority, and assists in identifying ways to resolve variances or unacceptable outcomes.
- Actively participates in department meetings, committees, conferences, and in-services.
Why MercyOne Siouxland?
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Must have a minimum of three years prior experience, preferably in a health care setting.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to perform the tasks normally associated with at least two ofthe traditional building trade groups and to work at those tasks with effectiveness, speed and quality of work as per established industry standards. Demonstration may be through a combination of documented prior work performance and real time testing. (Traditionalbuilding trades include carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC mechanic and general mechanic.)
- Is able to communicate effectively with all members of the health care team.
- Is able to perform a variety of duties characterized by frequent change.
MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is a 238-bed regional center that provides residents in a 33-county tri-state region an entire continuum of preventive, primary, acute and tertiary healthcare services. MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is home to the only Level II trauma center in western Iowa - one of only four trauma care facilities in the state to receive verification from the American College of Surgeons - and MercyOne Air Med, a regional helicopter ambulance service.About MercyOne and Trinity Health
We are MercyOne: a connected system of health care facilities and services dedicated to helping you and your community live your best life.
More than 20,000 colleagues strong, our care providers and staff make your health and happiness their highest priority, so you can get well-and stay well. With 420 care locations, our clinics, medical centers and affiliates are never too far from home, allowing us to improve the lives of individuals and communities across the state of Iowa and beyond.
MercyOne Siouxland is a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network spans 22 states, 94 hospitals and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.The MercyOne Mission Defines Us:
MercyOne serves with fidelity to the Gospel as a compassionate, healing ministry of Jesus Christ to transform the health of our communities.Our timeless values guide us:
MercyOne Cultural Beliefs Direct Us:
- Commitment to the Poor
Be ONE: I benefit from and strengthen MercyOne.
Personalize Care: Your experience. My responsibility.
Own It!: I own my actions to deliver our key results.
Improve Daily: I make improvements every day for those we serve including each other.
Innovate: I imagine and embrace bold new ideas to revolutionize health.
MercyOne Siouxland and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.