The Plant Maintenance Lead is responsible for plant maintenance requirements and interacts with operators, engineers and management. Direct reports to this position include maintenance and electrical staff.
The Maintenance Lead provides technical maintenance support and leadership by providing engineering maintenance leadership for plant programs in process development, preventative maintenance, updating or replacement of equipment and manufacturing methods.
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, personal care, paints and chemicals.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Leads and coordinates all facets of the plant and building maintenance. Responsible for defining problem areas, conducting investigations, and implementing solutions. Will determine department needs and make decisions within budget constraints.
- Directs the repair, maintenance and modification of plant equipment, buildings, and grounds.
- Responsible to be directly involved and committed to see any repairs through and ensure the plant has appropriate support needed to minimize down time. Production and efficiency requirements may at time require extended hours to ensure all repairs are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate plan regarding machine repairs to both the Production Supervisors and Shift Leads. Plan should include the scope of the work, who will be assigned to complete the task, and who will make the decision as to when the task is completed. Plan should also include provisions if assigned crew is unable to complete tasks via written communication to the shifts involved.
- Maintain equipment to allow Blow Molding to achieve 80-85%, and Injection Molding to achieve 90-95% efficiencies.
- Track down time and establish plans to improve machine up time.
- Lead and manage all support vendors as needed.
- Recommend measures to improve production, equipment performance, product quality and safety.
- Responsible to develop a spare parts inventory that will reduce machine downtime; to include tracking and accountability.
- Responsible for implementing, scheduling, and monitoring an effective PM Program.
- Establish priorities for the maintenance function and effective utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Ensure that all maintenance personnel are properly trained an aware of potential safety and/or health risks. This includes compliance with AIB, BRC and GMP requirements.
- Conduct employee safety training activities in a positive manner to improve employee understanding and contribute to continual improvement in overall plant safety performance.
- Ensure that all incidents in your area are investigated, documented, and communicated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must notify Maintenance Manager on any employees requiring medical attention.
- Ensure equipment is free of recognized hazards or that hazards are protected prior to allowing an employee to operate equipment.
- Hold employees accountable for safety violations and meeting housekeeping standards.
- Support and participate in quality improvement programs
- Collaborate with Maintenance Manager to develop and plan long-range machine optimization strategies.
- Make employees available for training. Cover employee vacations and absenteeism.
- Provide employees with clear direction, continuous feedback, coaching development plans, and timely performance reviews.
- Continually develop self (Leadership classes)
- Conduct regularly scheduled informational meetings (pre-shift meetings).
- Create and maintain a positive work environment that encourages teamwork.
- Hold employees accountable.
- Control operational spending in an effort to minimize plant cost while maximizing output.
- Schedule effectively to manage overtime.
- Manage employees to achieve effective mold changes and PM's
- Be a senior leader to all in the plant.
- Suggest paths for training opportunity for all maintenance personnel.
- Audit all work orders that are for your team members and hold them accountable for good workmanship and communication back to production and/or maintenance leads.
- Train new operators how to run equipment before and after repairs. Develop new employees. Drive the progression of each team member.
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Job Requirements
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- AS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering, (or equivalent industry experience) preferred but is not required.
- Prefer 5 years' experience in a related position in the manufacturing industry, with a preferred background in packaging manufacturing.
- Progressive knowledge of electrical, electronic, PLC, applications
- Results Orientation
- Problem solving
- Coaching and teaching skills
- Expertise in process improvement principles
- Be a Team Player