Plant Name: Chicago - 101026
Maintenance Electricians oversee the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems in the manufacturing facility. Test existing equipment and determine if components of a system need to be upgraded or replaced. Check switches, motors, regulators and other parts of an industrial electrical system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyors systems and production machines to ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment
- Following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications
- Perform a variety of plant diagnostic, maintenance, repair, and installation operations
- Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
- Assemble, install, test operate, and inspect machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards
- Maintain and complete required maintenance records of all repairs
- Worked closely with production team to solve manufacturing problems
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Run tests to ensure that new machinery is ready to be implemented and work out any issues before the equipment is used on a daily basis.
- Review blueprints to understand the placement of wiring or to comprehend the working of the equipment to provide the right service and repairs.
- Provide suggestions on the lifespan of equipment and other electrical components, advising when certain components should be replaced due to potential risks.
- Ensure all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs.
Job RequirementsJob Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of proven work experience as a Maintenance Electrician
- Certified electrician preferred
- Able to demonstrate the ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment and mechanical systems involving electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, and hydraulic repair or replacement, including blown fuses and tripped breakers.
- Knowledge of PLC Logic, and ability to read schematics and blueprints.
- Understand electrical panel and drive components.
- Understand gear trains, shafts/journals, pulleys, and bearings.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to draw a 3 phase motor control Circuit
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Allen Bradley PLC experience in a manufacturing setting
- Must be able to work Nights / Weekends
- Ability to be on feet up to 8-12 hours per shift
- Use of hands and fingers to perform job function
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend and climb/ repetitive tasks throughout the day
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.