Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and 6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is seamless and secure - whether it's for big data, payment cards, government issued identification, mobile financial services or highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Our website is www.valid.com.
The position is responsible for the general maintenance of production equipment. Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and perform moderate to complex repairs on machinery. Must have thorough knowledge of functions and operations of all process and associated support equipment.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for coordinating with production shift supervisor for setting up machines according to daily production schedule.
- Work in accordance to internal and external production schedules.
- Assures that all maintenance jobs meet ISO standards.
- Trains other employees as needed.
- Keep department and work areas clean and orderly; eliminating safety hazards.
- Ensures compliance to published safety and employee conduct rules.
- Promotes continuous improvement concepts.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repairs production equipment using mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic blueprints.
- Has thorough understanding of equipment functions and operational procedures.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance on all production equipment.
- Assist production in daily maintenance down time by addressing the root-cause of the breakdown, and develop ways to prevent the breakdown from reoccurring.
- Communicate all unresolved issues to his manager.
- Follows and participates in plant safety/housekeeping guidelines.
- Maintains spare parts inventory levels.
- Setting up of production equipment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment. Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens. Requires normal color perception.
- Strong verbal and written communication. Ability to keep detailed and accurate records.
- Ability to focus and perform precision hand movements when operating a machine.
- Must possess high standards of personal integrity. Able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Pass a drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.
- Able to operate hand carts, pallet jacks, stackers.
- Ability to handle potentially hazardous materials.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and read blue prints and technical drawings, such as mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple projects with speed, quality and enthusiasm.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Knowledge of PLC, AC/DC, Pneumatic and hydraulics.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail.
- Technical degree from an accredited institution.
What we offer:
- Requires working on hard floor - standing, sitting, walking, laying, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and stooping for up to 12 hours per day.
- Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds regularly with occasional lifting to upwards of 65 pounds (using team lifting).
- Regular and consistent attendance, including overtime whether on a voluntary or mandatory basis.
- Must be able to adapt to fluctuating temperatures.
- Must be able to withstand loud noise.
- Must be able to work while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment and include a choice of 4 medical plan options under BC/BS, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), 2 weeks of vacation and 6 additional days of Paid time off and paid holidays.