Job ID: 448299
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
- Operate equipment efficiently to produce concrete products from raw materials to yard stage
- Inspect the quality of products according to standards
- Assist in maintaining accurate production
- Monitor the operations of machinery and associated equipment to detect and report malfunctions
- Perform machine clean-up, set-up, and other functions associated with job changes
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Lead Operators, or others in a responsible position
- Willing and able to cross train on other aspects of the production process
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
What CRH Offers You
- Manufacturing/Industrial environment exposure preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent or at least 1-year experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety procedures, operating and maintenance instruction and manuals
- Take the initiative to keep all areas clean and safe
- Follow applicable housekeeping and safety procedures
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 75 pounds each, with assistance if needed, at heights from floor level to 4 feet high
- Provide assistance to others in moving heavier or bulky objects
- Must wear personal protective equipment - ear plugs, hard hat, steel toe shoes and protective glasses
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Industrial, Machinist, Manufacturing
This job has expired.