Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and 6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is seamless and secure - whether it's for big data, payment cards, government issued identification, mobile financial services or highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Our website is www.valid.com.
Valid has an outstanding opportunity for Machine Operators in the EMV (Euro, Mastercard, Visa) department based in our Bolingbrook manufacturing facility. This is a 2nd shift position and the hours are 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. with consistent overtime.
We are currently offering a $500 sign-on bonus, as well as a limited opportunity to earn additional days of paid time off with perfect attendance!
What will you do?
What are we looking for?
- Prepare, supply, and operate the EMV machines during the production process and monitor relevant stages to ensure that products are manufactured according to established parameters.
- Understand the entire range of functions as well as the operating sequence of the machine.
- Load materials on the machine in the order they are to be placed on the table.
- Read job specifications and previous run data (if available) to determine machine parameters and material.
- Prior to performing maintenance on the machine, insure proper Lockout/Tag-out procedures have been followed.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standards for line speeds, scrap and set-up times.
- Loads and unloads stock.
- Responsible for maintain department inventory and supplies.
- Reports any necessary maintenance to the Maintenance Department.
- Work cooperatively with the Quality Assurance department to ensure products meet specifications.
- Ensures required documentation / data is completed accurately and timely.
- Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
- Verify material conformance to specifications, using measuring devices such as micrometers tape measures and/or calipers.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
- Verify that guards at pinch points and potential burn areas are present before operating the machine.Perform proper and thorough inspections.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) policies and procedures.Take immediate action to correct safety and security issues.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; follows manufacturer's instructions; troubleshoots malfunctions.
What we offer:
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- At least 1 year of previous experience running production machines in a manufacturing environment.
- Positive attitude and teamwork spirit.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment.Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.Requires normal color perception.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to focus and perform precision hand movements when operating a machine.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly, able to work around machinery.
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail.
- Reason through problems involving set-up and operation.
- Ability to pass background check and drug test.
- Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month following date of hire and include a choice of 4 medical plan options under BC/BS, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), 2 weeks of vacation and 6 additional days of Paid time off and paid holidays.