Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
021917 Machine Operator (Open)
The Production Machine Operator is a key member to the production team and a summary of his/her responsibilities includes but not limited to monitoring speed and loads, tending various machines that perform functions such as Stamping of Drum Parts.
- Observe all safety procedures.
- Operating assigned machines and all other associated work including machine changeovers, adjusting for operational efficiency, and assist other operators, as necessary.
- Startup machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions.
- Perform best practice quality checks.
- Identify and report defective materials.
- Maintain awareness of your area for hazards such as loose wires, loose parts or around moving parts.
- During downtime take care of accumulating rework.
- Manually record data as required.
- Ensure quality checks and procedures are complete.
- Responsible for the cleaning of all equipment.
- Complete and verify required quality checks and documentation.
- Reports safety and quality problems to supervisor.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Machine operations within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Willingness to work OT or weekends as needed.
- Ability to understand and track work related instructions.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to continuously stand and/or walk for extended periods of time on concrete surface.
- Ability to repeatedly kneel, bend, crouch, and/or stoop throughout the shift as needed to successfully perform job duties.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.