Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
Pay is based on skills/experience. Starting rate is $18.00 per hour with opportunity to progress to $19.00 after three months on the job. Paid vacation accrual begins after one month on the job.
Plant operations are 24/7 with a continuous twelve (12) hour shift schedule. Qualified candidates must be flexible to work day shift (5:50am - 6:00pm) or night shift (5:50pm - 6:00am).
The Production Operator (Seamer Operator) is responsible for supporting plant production needs for daily operation. The Production Operator will oversee machinery and various machine work processes in order to produce quality aerosol cans safely.
- Work with little to no supervision
- Always work in a safe manner and wear proper PPE
- Bring any unsafe condition to Shift Supervisor's attention
- Able to recognize can defects and understand the importance of good quality
- Follow all applicable quality checks and standard operating procedures in a timely fashion
- Keep production line fed to avoid any unnecessary downtime
- Clear any jams out of all pieces of equipment on the line to assure line is not backed up for an excessive amount of time
- Properly fill out all required paperwork
- Work basic line controls
- Assist Production Line Mechanic (Maintainer) with tools and cleaning of parts and work area
- If trained and certified, use forklift to stage line with components as needed
- Have the ability to keep the line running while mechanic is on break
- Using lockout/tagout procedures when necessary
- Assist other production or quality areas as needed and complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication and comprehension skills
- Basic math and measurement skills
- Basic understanding of industrial equipment
- Ability to solve practical problems or troubleshoot basic problems on machines
- Ability to use a variety of common hand tools
- Basic mechanical abilities
- Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends and off-shifts as required
- Understands quality, PPE requirements, safety, and the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time, use arms and hands to feel or reach, push, pull, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on occasion, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 35 pounds and frequently lift and move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee may work with materials that could irritate eyes, skin and breathing. Appropriate personal protective equipment is required. The employee will be working near and/or with high-speed automated equipment. This may cause risk of injury if safety procedures are not followed. The work environment is often noisy and hearing protection is required.