Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
Directly: Integrated Logistics Systems (ILS) Team Lead
Indirectly: ILS Manager
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for all maintenance analysis efforts for all shipboard installed equipment
- Analysis shall include all levels of maintenance; organizational, intermediate, depot
- Completes analysis for failure modes and effects, preventive maintenance, inactive equipment maintenance, corrective maintenance, servicing and lubrication and other appropriate logistics support analysis.
- Development of Maintenance Engineering Plan (MEP)/Ship Maintenance Module (SMM) for submittal to government
- Prepares preliminary preventive maintenance documentation including maintenance requirement cards (MRCs) and maintenance index pages (MIPs) in accordance with Navy specifications as required by contract.
- Review technical drawings, design changes, engineering change proposals, computer models and other technical documentation to identify maintenance and supply support requirements.
- Review asset designs for reliability, maintainability, and supportability considerations and make recommendations for improvement
- Perform Logistics Analyses, including Maintenance Task Analysis and Level of Repair Analysis; Document results of Logistics Analyses in a government approved
- Logistics Product Database
- Responsible for development of in-yard Preservation & Preventive Maintenance (P&PM) procedures to maintain/protect equipment from in-yard receipt until ship delivery
- Responsible for interfacing with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEMs)/suppliers to obtain vendor furnished information as needed
- Responsible for ensuring that accurate maintenance information is contained in applicable technical manuals, both system and equipment level manuals
- Interface with technical manual developers
- Responsible for ensuring all change order activity that impacts maintenance is processed, documented and communicated to ILS team
- Successful applicant must be willing to cross-train to other areas within ILS as necessary
- Minimum 3 years of maintenance analysis related experience working with military technical documents to include schematics, diagrams and graphics related to acquisition ILS, technical analysis or operational ILS or maintenance engineering.
- Naval maintenance experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with technical documents preferred, to include:
o ARs, MIL STDs and MIL-PRFs, IETMs, TPDRs, DIDs
o OEM drawings and parts lists
o Various vendor furnished information to determine appropriate maintenance
- Familiar with developing and integrating supportability analysis databases based on MIL-STD-1388, MIL-PRF-49506 or GEIA-STD-0007 preferred.
- Reliability Center Maintenance (RCM) Level II certification preferred
- Degree in related field preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in interacting with Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations, and multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufacturers.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office products.
- Prior Navy, USCG, Military Sealift Command or Army Naval experience desired
• Microsoft Office
• Navy PMS Editor
• Configuration Data Managers Database-Open Architecture (CDMD-OA)
• GEIA-STD-0007 software.DIRECTION EXERCISED:
• Will determine the technical adequacy of all maintenance deliverablesDISCRETION EXERCISED:
• Will provide maintenance analysis input to all members of the ILS teamLIAISES WITH:
Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Navy, equipment suppliers and ILS support contractorsADDITIONAL GUIDELINES:
• The ability to obtain and maintain DoD clearance may be required if deemed
necessary in the scope of your position responsibilities.
• Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be
eligible for employment with Austal USA:
o 18 years or older at time of application
o Able to provide proof of US Person status (permanent resident or citizen)
o No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes within seven years
from disposition date
o No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from disposition date
o Willing to submit to a drug screen
o Willing to submit to a background check
This job has expired.