Linux/Windows System Administration
Marsh McLennan is seeking a Linux/Windows System Administration expert to join our dynamic team.
What can you expect?
- A company culture founded in integrity, responsible teamwork and experience
- Work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Challenging work in a global environment with annual revenue of over $17B and 76,000 colleagues
What's in it for you?
- Work for a company committed to being a responsible corporate citizen
- An opportunity to volunteer your time and talents in support of communities and people at risk in the places where we live and work
- Corporate dedication to fostering a vibrant, inclusive, and diverse culture at work, in which every voice is heard
- An expansion of our initiatives to conduct business in a way that protects the environment and creates an environmentally conscious workplace for our colleagues
We will count on you to:
- Be responsible for the engineering and support aspects of application middleware components
- Oversee the technical design, development and maintenance of application infrastructure components
- Maintain engineering design standards and a stable application infrastructure environment
- Provide coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of applications as well as analyzing and projecting long-range capacity requirements
- Deal with system related incidents and problems, upgrades, patching, provisioning, configuring and disaster recovery
- Collaborate with a variety of technical teams
What you need to have:
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing technologies and environments as well as containerization (docker)
- A good awareness of Microsoft .NET technology
- Experience in network troubleshooting (e.g. listen, netstat, fiddler, etc.) and troubleshooting tools (e.g. Wireshark, Data Dog, Elastic Search), and configuration and troubleshooting Proxy and Load Balancing technologies
- Good knowledge on patching procedures for RedHat, Windows OS, .NET, etc.
- Experience handling large MS .NET and IIS based windows and web applications is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience in at least one end-user ticket management system
- Experience/good knowledge of an industry standard change management process
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL server 2008/2012/2016 and Oracle RAC is preferred
- Enjoy working in fast pace ever changing work environment
- Candidate must be flexible in terms of working hours due to the nature of the role.
- Weekend work and extended days to support organized changes or incidents may be required - but through prior agreement
Marsh McLennan(NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas ofrisk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries.With annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses.Marshadvisesindividual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk managementsolutions.Guy Carpenterdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clientsgrow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities.Mercerdelivers advice and technology-drivensolutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investmentoutcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce.Oliver Wymanserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visitmmc.com, follow us onLinkedInandTwitteror subscribe toBRINK..
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are Identity employers.
This role is not available for remote in Colorado