Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
The Global Logistics and Distribution (L&D) organization is looking for a dynamic leader for the Continuous Improvement Lead - Logistics Excellence position to transform the ways of working to a world class standard! As a change agent, to create, standardize, and continuously improve L&D processes to ensure the delivery of best in class services to our customers in a cost-effective manner. This is a new position will lead L&D's Lean Six Sigma journey to achieve Logistics Excellence and to support scaling initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceive, develop, validate, and share ideas leading to new or improved L&D processes (receiving, inventory management, pick/pack/ship, transportation, trade compliance, etc.) and systems to set objectives. Example: development of new end to end logistics value chain to support next generation of products for go-live and scaling.
- Identify and eliminate sources of variation and waste to drive continuous improvement using structured problem-solving methodology/tools: DMAIC, 5S, Kaizen, process and value stream mapping, visual management, Kanban, mistake proofing, Fishbone diagram, 5 Whys, SIPOC, etc.
- Perform process and data analyses to find root-cause, identify risks, recommend, and implement corrections, corrective actions, and preventative actions in coordination with other teams
- Build, maintain, and execute a cost transformation plan that aligns with L&D global objectives and enables delivery and implementation of processes with high impact projects to continue to embed the continuous improvement mindset within L&D.
- Analyze expected improvements and routinely report project status or results to the management team using standardized metrics.
- Create and sustain Logistics Excellence culture by driving educational and behavioral processes to a world class standard; example, building Lean Six Sigma bench strength within L&D.
- Create and lead the Logistics Excellence assessment program for all Dexcom logistics and vendor managed logistics locations.
- Act as a project manager to ensure objectives are achieved on time and within budget, while meeting applicable corporate policies, Regulatory and Quality Management System requirements.
- Lead the continuous growth and application of structured problem-solving methodology across L&D.
- Excel in a fast paced and dynamic environment while managing multiple tasks and timelines
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Expert understanding of the value and application of Lean Six Sigma
- Leadership experience including a demonstrated ability to coach and mentor at all levels of the organization to influence and drive collaboration across teams, functions with minimal supervision.
- 8+ years of experience in Logistics, Supply Chain, and/or Operations
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Demonstrate ability to manage complex projects
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt Certification strongly preferred, 8+ years of similar experience would be considered in lieu of certification (e.g. ACE).
- Proficient with Minitab and/or JMP to analyze data
- Experience in Medical Device or Healthcare industry's Quality Management System
- Experience in cGMP environments and working knowledge of regulations/ auditing bodies: ISO, FDA, HIPPA, OSHA, Hazardous Materials, C-TPAT, and DOT/IATA
- Experience in the following systems/technologies: Oracle Materials Management related modules, Voice Technology, Warehouse Management System (Korber), Transportation Management System, SharePoint etc.
- Project Management certification
- Change management certification
Plans, performs and implements process improvement initiatives (such as Lean or Six Sigma). Diagrams and evaluates existing processes. Organizes, leads and facilitates cross-functional project teams. Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities. Collects data to identify root cause of problems. Measures performance against process requirements. Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls. Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality. May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement and control. Surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes. Communicates team progress. Performs cost and benefit analyses.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Having wide-ranging experience and uses professional concepts and knowledge of company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Possesses knowledge of advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Viewed as expert in the field within the Function.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Experience and Education
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other colleagues.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 8-12 years of related experience.
- At this level a graduate degree may be desirable with 4 years of related experience.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
This job has expired.