MV Transportation is seeking a Lead Utility Worker to supervise/assist the Maintenance department with the upkeep of the fleet, shop, fuel, washing of the buses and operations facilities, as well as to provide assistance with the documentation of activities related to vehicle maintenance.
- All vehicles completely fueled and fluids topped, ready for service at various times of day.
- Fuel and fluids inventories tracked and monitored.
- Fuel logs maintained accurately and up to date for each vehicle and type of fuel/fluid.
- Vehicle interiors cleaned according to contract.
- Vehicle exteriors cleaned according to contract.
- Vehicle emergency equipment (fire extinguisher, body-fluid kit, first aid kit) fully stocked and functional.
- Vehicles parked according to facility parking plan.
- All fleet damage documented and communicated to appropriate personnel in the case of unreported damage.
- Work area maintained according to OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Office, break and restroom areas cleaned and trash disposed of properly.
- Maintain adequate stores and accurate inventory of cleaning supplies required.
- Provide assistance as necessary to shop staff in keeping parts inventories accounted for as well as in procurement of necessary parts for fleet and facility maintenance.
- Manage and provide direction to Utilities team.
- Perform all/other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- General knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations related to shop and office conditions.
- Previous experience in a custodial capacity and knowledge of cleaning methods.
- Ideal candidates will have previous supervisory experience.
- Flexible and effective under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work with cleaning compounds, solvents, and chemicals.
- Ability to effectively understand, communicate, and follow instructions in English (verbally and written).
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application submission.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.