MV Transportation is seeking a Lead Supervisor to identify and report to the Operations Managers challenges, discrepancies, violations of policy and other concerns related to service delivery. Instruct operators when policy is not being followed and to assist in exploring new ideas and ways to handle in-service challenges. The Lead Supervisor reports on all activities and observances daily and assists in delivery of system reporting requirements.
In addition to the Road Supervisor duties the Lead Supervisor will:
- Work with dispatchers to solve service-related challenges
- Daily spot checks Road Supervisors and vehicles for policy compliance reporting ALL violations and discrepancies
- Issue and receive required equipment to Road Supervisors daily
- Monitor Road Supervisor logs and reports for accuracy, completeness, performance
- Works with Detour Supervisors to ensure reporting is timely and accurate
- Schedules special assignments to Road Supervisors, as needed
- Assists Operations Managers (as a witness) when issuing discipline
- Conduct research on performance issues and develop reports accordingly
- Coach operators on DriveCam events
- Monitor Operator Attendance
- Monitor system performance on the street
- Maintain Operations Logs (Discipline, Accident/Incident, etc.)
- Call in accident reports to claims line
- Provide backfill relief for Operations Managers
- Clerical and administrative duties, as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience as a Road Supervisor in a public transit system
- Knowledge of system routes
- Familiarization with all vehicles operating in the service
- Ability to understand client policies and procedures
- Ability to comprehend MV Transportation and CBA policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read, write and speak English
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.