As a Lead Data Scientist, you will unveil insights in our data that will allow us to improve the decision-making process both at an operational and strategic level. You will use the latest machine learning algorithms to develop predictive models to help us assess risks more accurately, handle claims more effectively, and understand and serve our customers more thoroughly.
- Develop and deploy predictive models into production environments
- Collecting data through means such as analyzing business results or by setting up and managing new studies
- Transferring data into a new format to make it more appropriate for analysis
- Creating new, experimental frameworks to collect data
- Building tools to automate data collection
- Searching through large data sets for usable information
- Creating reports and presentations for business uses
- Correlating similar data to find actionable results
- 2 or more years' experience in a data science or advanced analytics related role
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Python, R, and Scala
- Strong mathematics skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with machine learning and AI
- Familiarity with data management tools
- Ability to work independently and with team members from different backgrounds
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow or PyTorch and associated high-level API's like Keras
- Experience within the Property and Casualty Insurance rate making and claims adjudication processes.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- Master's Degree - with coursework focused on advanced algorithms, mathematics in computing, data structures etc.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job has expired.