At DraftKings, we're inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space and are propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
BE THE STRATEGY BEHIND THE GAME:
DraftKings is growing quickly and we're looking for a Lead Data Engineer (Customer Centricity) to help establish and lead a data team centered around the mission of providing a best-in-class experience for our products and customers. This position requires strong technical skills and a bias toward collaboration. You will be working across teams, informing business decisions, and helping to expand our software platform .
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A LEAD DATA ENGINEER:
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Take ownership of building data solutions to provide actionable insights into key business metrics that define the customer journey.
- Collaborate with your squad to design scalable processes that support data transformation and structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Work with product owners, product managers and lead your squad to implement high quality, production-grade data pipelines and ETL processes
- Have the opportunity to see your personal work make an immediate impact on influential products
- Rapidly adapt. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moments notice
- Work with your squad under fast deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications
- Bring operational excellence with a focus on performance analysis, optimization, and tuning
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in aspects of business intelligence and data engineering, including data warehousing, delivery, and operations is required
- Multiple years proven experience leading a data engineering team
- Advanced understanding of dimensional modeling is required
- The ability to build and optimize data pipelines, transformations, architectures, and data sets is required
- Strong knowledge of SQL in a variety of data engines like Snowflake or Redshift.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with Marketing stakeholders and technical teams is required
- Experience with data tools such as Datadog, Alation, Tableau and/or other reporting tools is preferred
- Experience working in AWS, Terraform, Python, and/or DMS is preferred
- Experience in the Marketing, Consumer Analytics, or i-Gaming industry is preferred
#LI-SD1 Join Us!
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what's next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We're a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability. Ready to build what's next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.
This job has expired.