Marsh is seeking candidates for the following role:
Lead Data Architect
What you can expect:
We will count on you to:
- The Lead Data Architect will be responsible for supporting and guiding the enterprise strategy for data architecture within the Marsh business unit.
- The function will direct data architecture topics such as master data management, analytic platforms, data related technologies, integration and data governance.
What you need to have:
- Maintaining the data architecture roadmap, aligning data with the business need and the target technical landscape.
- Translating business data dictionaries into technical deliverables including data models and document schema's.
- Providing guidance to data engineers and project teams to ensure that system designs adhere to the architecture roadmap and all relevant data management standards.
- Understanding and analyzing data to provide business context to data related decisions, using this analysis and insight to drive quality solutions.
- Supporting relevant technology evaluations in the data management space.
- Support delivery of projects, which contribute to the Marsh data architecture vision.
- Design and develop solution and information architectures for projects. This may include the production or review and approval of logical and physical data models.
- Manage and oversee solutions providing governance of projects including ongoing maintenance of standards and principles. Assisting project managers to understand and communicate solution activities and work to mitigate risks and issues encountered on projects.
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata as well as creating methods for tracking such data for quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
- Understand best practices in relation to data security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity and archiving. Ensure all solutions are implemented in line with enterprise procedures and regulations.
- Act as liaison to vendors and service providers to select the products or services that best meet company goals and requirements.
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals. Drive best practice in regards to data warehouse, business intelligence, and reporting technologies.
- The Data Architect will oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality. Collaborate with project managers, address data related problems in regards to systems integration and compatibility, as well as act as a leader for coaching, training and providing career development to stakeholders.
- Documenting enterprise data architectures and environments in order to maintain a current and accurate view of global data landscape.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
- Proven track record of driving data transformation in the Financial Services or Insurance domain
- 10+ years of technology experience developing and delivering data and digital capabilities for large organisations
- Strong industry expertise, networking and awareness of trends across Master Data and Data/Analytics (Big Data Management, Machine Learning, AI) analytics domains.
- Working knowledge of traditional data management platforms with a variety of RDBMS technologies is essential.
- Awareness of virtualization technologies such as Dremio or Denodo and associated use cases for these.
- Experience working with Public Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP). AWS experience preferred.
- Understanding of XSD and JSON schema and the use and definition of data services using these.
- Experience with NoSQL database (Hive, HBase, ElasticSearch etc preferred).
- Proven expertise in building self-service data platforms for BI and Data Visualization and some proficiency awareness with BI & Analytical tools (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI).
- Experience working with Data Management, Data Discovery, Data Catalogs, Data Privacy tools ideally Informatica.
- Strong experience in defining and delivering large-scale, multi-year data transformation roadmaps in a highly matrixed structure.
- Strategic thought leadership; ability to collaborate and build relationships across business units and locations.
- Masters or Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.