Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
This position is responsible for project planning management and execution of water and wastewater projects through development of project scope, scheduling and financial management.
- Manage and coordinate project execution and maintain interface with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Negotiates and ensures completion of all contractual requirements to ensure project is completed to specifications.
- Provides oversight of project design, construction, fabrication, assembly to ensure requirements are communicated to required parties.
- Provides weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly cost center forecasts to ensure jobs are on track and management is aware of sales projections.
- Prepares and submits pay applications and/or coordinate invoices to customers ensuring timeliness and accuracy of billing.
- Negotiates and issues subcontractor and vendor contracts and purchase orders to protest company interests while providing customer satisfaction.
- Manages project costs and schedules to estimate, contract, and customer requirements
- Coordinates all activities among departments supporting assigned projects to ensure timelines are met.
- Generates and negotiates changes of scope with customer and communicate with peers to meet change of work specifications.
- Ensures shop fabrication and assembly operations meet project and schedule requirements to keep jobs on projected time tables.
- Manages final contract obligations including start-up, installation, and final acceptance to meet customer requirements.
- Estimates project costs, ensuring specification compliance and generation; prepares proposals, and implementation of database and supporting software and hardware.
- Fosters contractor and vendor relationships for standards, quantity and blanket discounts, agreements and terms and conditions to maintain business relationships for repeat business growth.
- Provides technical assistance, presentations, and seminars for engineers and customers; both internal and external to provide understanding of company capabilities.
- Provides written proposals, technical reports, and other written documents to our clients, engineers, and internally to assist with understanding and job requirements.
- Travels as required to jobsites, customer and engineering locations, and Layne offices and support locations.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Bachelor's Degree in Geology or Engineering is required
- Minimum 3 years Project Management experience in water and/or wastewater or related industry
- Proven capabilities in project execution, contract negotiation and coordination of projects from start to finish
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.