Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Watch our video here
This position is responsible for providing assistance to operators on projects.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Provide assistance to operators on projects
- Operate and service trucks, backhoes, forklifts, generators, engines, pumps and various other types of equipment
- Work as part of a crew but also expected to work without supervision to accomplish task if required
- Complete basic daily paperwork
- Driving as needed
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience
- Must possess or be able to obtain a minimum class B (preferably class A) CDL
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 1 year of experience of project experience
- Requires working with equipment that vibrates and to work near moving mechanical parts
- Must possess adequate mechanical aptitude and basic math skills
- Ability and willingness to work long hours including weekends
- Must be able to travel and spend long periods of time away from home and be willing to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Must be dependable, reliable, honest, trustworthy and to work for short periods of time without supervision
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills in order to interact with employees, customers and vendors
- Ability to travel long distances; out of town work required
- Construction and Welding experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work Experience:Certifications and Applicable Licenses:Notice to Staffing Agencies
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a small hand tools.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by the Company's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.