GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. is seeking a Professionally Licensed Surveyor to join our team in the Buffalo, NY office. GPI has been consistently ranked in Engineering News Record's Top Design Firms. With a staff of over 1500 professionals including engineers, planners, scientists, technicians, draftspersons, and inspectors, GPI provides expert services in a wide range of disciplines. Come join the team!
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI wants you!
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Client contact, data management, boundary determinations, preparing legal descriptions, construction layout calculations and file preparation
- Providing guidance/direction to field crew(s) and surveying technicians; overseeing survey aspects of civil engineering projects and/or directing the preparation of all types of survey plans; conducting deed and plan research and review; preparing ROW plans and agreements; performing fieldwork associated with land surveying, engineering and construction projects; performing survey computations and data collection; and drafting
- Work includes all facets of land and engineering surveys, site and roadway design surveys, route surveys, construction surveys, supervision and production of surveying projects, resolve and review Boundary and ALTA surveys, drawing and other related work products/services
- Oversee the surveying function of the business to meet client needs by performing skilled, technical work in the surveying, mapping, and drafting of projects
- Maintain proper documentation necessary for change orders, field notebooks, timesheets, project records, vehicle operation, and maintenance records
- Review completed work to assure that the survey group complies with all applicable Professional, Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Surveying or related field
- Must be registered as a Professional Land Surveyor
- Minimum 5 years of experience in all aspects of land surveying
- Valid State driver's license
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, MicroStation and InRoads
- Must have strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects, be self-directed with good verbal and written communication skills
This job has expired.
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members