SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Laboratory Technician, you will prepare samplesand analysisfollowing published test methods and company/client SOPs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Perform physical testing on products including plastic films, paper products, and shipping containers.
- Record test results in the format specified which includes handwritten datasheets, computer printouts, and electronic data entry.
- Routine operation, maintenance, and validation of laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Assist in the investigation of, response to, and follow-up of client inquiries and complaints.
- May assist in limited internal and external technical support to marketing, sales, customer services, and clients regarding tests, reports, and other technical information.
- Coordinate with other laboratory technicians and/or assistants on sample receiving, logging, pretreatment, preparation, testing and other tasks.
- Conduct multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in the related scientific field
- 3+ years working in a lab setting with experience following strict safety standards, orequivalent education and experience
- Attend work regularly and predictably
- May work with limited guidance, independently or as part of a team
- Familiarity with Company and Laboratory Quality and Operations systems
- Familiarity with LIMS and other laboratory data management
- Effective understanding, written and verbal skills
- Takes initiative to learn and grow. Able to learn and apply new technologies and instruments