At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
How you will make contributions that matter...
- Collects samples and perform physical analytical sampling and testing of raw ingredients, packaging materials and finished goods dairy food products in accordance with established guidelines. Ability to apply and interpret results.
- Perform microbiological/bacteriological sampling and testing of dairy food products in accordance with established guidelines. Ability to apply and interpret results.
- Identify and effectively communicate any out-of-specification analytical test results. Follow established notification protocol.
- Routinely collect product samples from production lines as outlined by testing requirements.
- Exceptional organizational skills in order to maintain all QC records and filing.
- Accurately and neatly complete analytical testing documents and enter data into system.
- Ability to prepare various stock solutions used in the laboratory.
- Calibrate and maintain all lab testing equipment.
- Perform environmental control swabbing after clean-up and CIP/SIP. Report any deviations.
- Knowledge of consumer complaint investigation process.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Support mock and product recall program guidelines.
- Prepare and process production records to isolate any out of specification product including any product deviations from standard, on-hold, regulatory holds, etc.
- Prepare and distribute customer certificates of analysis.
- Must be proficient with all quality control functions throughout the facility.
- Must be able to complete, pass and maintain specific State regulatory licensing/certificate requirements (CDFA, DFA Appendix N, Good Laboratory Practices).
- Perform good laboratory housekeeping within established housekeeping guidelines.
- Comply with all Quality Assurance Procedures (QAP's).
- Comply with federal, state and local dairy food regulations.
- Adhere to the Saputo Code of Ethics and actively apply the Saputo Company Values.
- Work together professionally with co-workers and other department personnel.
- Other duties as required by management.
You are best suited for the role if you...
What can Saputo Do for You?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, Associate's Degree with a concentration in Food or Dairy Science preferred.
- Previous experience with food quality specifications, process control monitoring and positive release documentation or similar experience with strict adherence to protocol is preferred.
- Advanced quality/food safety training and/or certifications is a plus, but not required.
- An working understanding of food manufacturing acronyms (SQF, QA/QC, CQP, QAP, HACCP, SOP,5S, GMP, etc.)
- Ability to pass and successfully maintain regulatory certification, as required.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong computer and business skills (SAP, Microsoft Office products, email, copy, scanning)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated work history
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to: noise, changing temperatures (hot, wet, cold, humid), prolonged periods of standing/walking. Bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment throughout the shift.
- Working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures.
- Good visual acuity with the ability to see color.
- Physical lifting up to 40-lbs intermittently throughout shift. Physical lifting up to 50-lbs with assistance.
- Shift flexibility. This is a support role for a 24/7 manufacturing facility. Our quality technicians are assigned to a team on shifts, 24/7 operation to support manufacturing. Work days and shifts may change to help cover vacations/absences, during plant downtime or quality related events such as audits.
- Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.