Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organization services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialized and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralized and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries.
Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Environment Testing South Central, LLC is searchingfor a Laboratory Technician in Midland, Texas.
The Laboratory Technicianusesgeneral laboratory methods, techniques, equipment, and instrumentation in compliance with EurofinsQuality Assurance programs and SOP's, supports laboratory operations through general maintenance of laboratory and supply storage areas, equipment, instruments, and supplies.
The Laboratory Technicianresponsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Preparesamples for processing
- Observe, track, and record sample characteristics (including color, texture, shape, size, smell, density, weight, temperature, etc.)
- Compare sample to standard model to quickly assess basic quality of sample
- Test samples and confirm that they conform to industry standards
- Ensure sampling instrumentation and tools are clean and in a workable condition, making any necessary repairs
- Monitor and oversee equipment that works automatically
- Count, measure, weigh and label samples as needed
- Record sample data and enter into log books and LIMS
- Create and present detailed reports on sample findings
- Report any irregular findings to superiors
- Maintain all sample reports and ensure they are accurate and up to date
- Work according to state and nationally enforced standards
- General knowledge of chemistry and/or general science
- Basic mathematical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task
- Work within time constraints
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- High school Chemistry coursework, basic laboratory experience, general knowledge of chemistry and/or general science.Production work.Problem solving skills.Quick learner. Work within time constraints.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
The position is full-time, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with overtime and work weekends as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Midland, Texas are encouraged to apply.Additional Information
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k)with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Governmentvaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employmentEurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in the US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants may be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment. In addition, certain positions require travel for which vaccination is required in accordance with Eurofins policy.
This job has expired.