At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Plastics North America where our products are used in a wide array of molding applications including automotive, consumer, electronics, furniture, and industrial parts and they provide excellent solutions for pressure vessels.
Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing ongoing testing to ensure production is producing quality product (mechanical and visual). This position also conducts additional testing per the request of the Technology group or the Quality Leader.
- Responsible for conducting standard molding and testing as called out on work packets and Technical Work Requests in a timely manner.
- Responsible for conducting assigned PMs and calibrations.
- Responsible for keeping the laboratory in a tour ready condition.
- Follow all standard laboratory work instructions and test methods.
- Ensure that all activities are completed in compliance with lean, ethical and regulatory requirements, including IATF 16949 / ISO 17025 / ISO 14001.
- Promotes a safe work environment for self and others.
- Takes the initiative to resolve issues before they become problems.
- Seeks continuous improvement through periodic assessments.
(Education, Experience, Licensures, and Certifications)
- Minimum: High School education and 0-2 years appropriate experience at APNA
- Preferred: Polymer or Manufacturing related Associates Degree and 2-5 years experience in the plastics industry - laboratory focus.
Work Environment / Physical Demands / Travel
- MS Office
- SAP knowledge
- Acceptable color vision to meet departmental needs
About Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.
- Sits, walks, stands sometimes. Lifts occasionally.
Asahi Kasei Plastics is a leading manufacturer of innovative, high performance, engineered polymers and chemically coupled polypropylene resins in North America. Our company encourages a dynamic employee culture focused on the pursuit of innovation. We challenge our employees to have fun and work hard when finding and making solutions for tomorrow's polymers.
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.