The Laboratory Analyst position supports the Medicated Feed Additives (MFA) business of Zoetis in Chicago Heights, IL. The Quality Control laboratory provides testing and release support for multiple sites in the MFA network, in addition to analytical support for contract manufacturing. The preferred candidate will meet the criteria for an Analyst III, IV, or V level, as described below.
*********The schedule for this role is Wednesday-Saturday 10:00am-8:30pm with overtime depending on business needs*************
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:ANALYST III
- Receives and prepares samples for analytical testing and initiation of stability studies.
- Performs physical testing of routine and non-routine samples with little supervision including but not limited to raw materials, in process testing, API & finished good release and stability testing.
- Supports the site quality, safety and production needs and goals compliantly.
- Works within cross-functional teams.
- Coordinates own work assisting the lab to complete priority projects.
- Completes all activities following site cGMP, Safety requirements and Zoetis Standards.
- Conducts laboratory activities related to experiments, studies, and projects in support of production, laboratory, or other Zoetis groups:
- Understands and follows GMP/GLP regulations.
- Data maintenance and record keeping are in accord with GMP and SOPs
- Participates in projects and follows through to completion.
- Supports laboratory operations using technical ability to run routine samples independently. Recognizes abnormal results and/or instrument problems and reports them to supervision providing input to cause and possible solutions.
- Performs routine tests and experiments following compendial or standard procedures
- Has an understanding and has applied skills related to Lean & 5-S.
- Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory basic equipment such as balances, pH meter, sieves, ovens and has an understanding and has used advanced laboratory equipment such as Viscosity, Karl Fischer, UV/VIS, HPLC, GC.
- Maintains and follows Standard Operating Procedures dealing with their work area and can apply knowledge to assist in other work areas.
- Generation of protocols and execution of projects with little oversight. May lead a project and be responsible for completion.
- May assist with the writing and revising of procedures.
- May be assigned to projects dealing with special samples needing method modifications, with close supervision.
- Records tests results on standardized forms and prepares reports describing procedures used. Prepares charts and graphs to assist in evaluation and interpretation of data.
- Completes investigations into aberrant data and generation of summary reports for their own work, can apply problem solving techniques in a team environment.
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in Procedures for their area, providing training in and out of their department.
- Maintains a safe and clean working area and assists others in same.
- Will work with Analysts, Scientists and Management staff on a routine basis for the receipt and preparation of QC Test Samples and Stability study samples.
- Follows good documentation practices.
- Adheres to the Zoetis Core Beliefs, demonstrating exemplary behaviors. Identifying EHS hazards and propose solutions to improve lab/safety compliance.
High School degree or equivalent with approximately 10 years lab experience, preferably in an FDA regulated environment; or 2-year degree with approximately 3 years' experience or B.S. degree in a related scientific field with approximately 1.5 years of experience.ANALYST IV
High School degree or equivalent with approximately 15 years lab experience, preferably in an FDA regulated environment; or 2-year degree with approximately 5 years' experience or B.S. degree in a related scientific field with approximately 3 years of experience.ANALYST V
High School degree or equivalent with approximately 20 years lab experience, preferably in an FDA regulated environment; or 2-year degree with approximately 10 years' experience or B.S. degree in a related scientific field with approximately 5 years of experience.TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to use and perform HPLC, UV, GC and other instrumental techniques.
- Ability to generate protocols and summarize data.
- Ability to communicate within and outside immediate department. May contact vendors and/or external customers for administrative and technical information.
- Ability to work weekends and off shifts, as needed.
- Computer literate with the following applications: MS Excel, Word, Access
- Ability to utilize application software such as: Empower, Trackwise, SAP.
- Familiarity with Lean concepts and 5-S.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly exposed to laboratory and office settings, and a manufacturing environment. The colleague will be required to utilize certain Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to hard hats, safety ("steel-toed") shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective clothing. The colleague must be able to access all areas of the plant.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.