CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company. Driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground, which centers on Innovation, Sustainability and Productivity, the Company provides the strategic direction, R&D capabilities, and investments that enable the success of its five core Brands: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and STEYR, supplying 360° agriculture applications from machines to implements and the digital technologies that enhance them; and CASE and New Holland Construction Equipment delivering a full lineup of construction products that make the industry more productive. Across a history spanning over two centuries, CNH Industrial has always been a pioneer in its sectors and continues to passionately innovate and drive customer efficiency and success, driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial's 35,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world.
The Instrumentation and Test Controls Engineer integrates the CNH vehicle electrical/electronic control systems into the National Instruments VeriStand computerized control systems used in the CNH Driveline test cells. The individual is responsible to evaluate the overall control system, develop electronic control components and systems, to provide an overall test cell control system used to conduct lab functional, performance, and durability tests.
The position will be moved to the Racine, WI location. Interim coverage will need to be provided to the Burr Ridge, IL facility with paid travel until the move is complete. Candidates who live 50 plus miles from the Racine, WI location would be eligible for relocation assistance.
- Design, plan, construct, and implement complex, non-routine test control systems and instrumentation packages for CNH equipment under test in a lab test environment.
- Work with test control and data acquisition equipment, test automation software, including National Instruments VeriStand and Dewesoft, and data analysis software to diagnose issues and resolve problems.
- Design electronic circuits to interface test cell control system with vehicle control systems.
- Use test control software to integrate and tune test systems to control vehicle systems under development. Integration activities will include writing or modifying existing software as required.
- Participate in the development, communication, and monitoring of instrumentation related policies for the overall CNH test lab community, including proper selection, installation, verification, and calibration practices.
Position Pays $71,000 to $102,000 (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.)Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar.
- Experience with data acquisition and test instrumentation.
- Awareness of network communication protocols including J1939 CAN, EtherCat, Profibus and Ethernet/IP.
- 1 yrs. minimum experience in electronic troubleshooting, diagnostics, familiarity with equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, multi-meters.
- Exposure to control system design and tuning including PID control.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical control systems.
- Working knowledge of creating/maintaining electrical schematics using AutoCAD or similar program.
CNH Industrial offers a wide variety of benefits that not only encourages wellness and preventive care, but we also provide the right tools and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, flexible work policies, opportunities for self-development and paid leave for specific activities.EEO
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here. CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at email@example.com.
Read about our company's commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.
This job has expired.