Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has an opportunity available for a Water / Wastewater Engineer, junior to mid-level.
Are you an Engineer with 1-10 years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm on technically complex projects and with opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We are growing and have a career opportunity for a junior to mid-level Water / Wastewater Engineer to join our dynamic team in Houston, Texas.
Develop high quality, safety focused, leading edge sustainable engineering solutions to our industrial clients for consulting, design and construction services focused around industrial water / stormwater / wastewater evaluation & process design, facilities planning, engineering, permitting & compliance, construction, operations, and general civil / industrial engineering services
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline; MS degree preferred
- Professional license as PE or equivalent, or ability to secure PE license within 1-3 years
- 1 to 10 years' experience in industrial water solutions including studies through design and construction support or direct construction
- Ability to perform process engineering calculations, such as mass balance, pipe and pump hydraulics, line sizing, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to understand, edit and develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Adept at relationship building, team building, and conflict resolution
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills
- Willing to travel up to 25% to meet project needs
- Ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Ability to perform work in field, chemical plant and refinery settings
- Must pass drug test and background check
- Experience with hydraulics modeling software (i.e., AFT Fathom, Pipe-Flo)
- Experience with project scheduling software (i.e., Microsoft Project, Primavera)
- Experience working with large multi-national clients
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies
- Direct experience working for an industrial company as it relates to consulting
- Field work in outdoor environments
- Wear petrochemical facility standard PPE including Flame Resistant Clothing (FRC), hard hat, steel toed shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, half face and full face respirators as required
- May be required to lift equipment not exceeding 40 pounds
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.