The University of Connecticut, Information Technology Services (ITS) Department is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Project Manager for the implementation of the Financial System. The IT Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and controlling the technical aspects of implementation, such as developing and implementing technical strategies, best practices and controls relating to the technical environment, system development, technical support and training, data management, data warehouse and reporting, application security, and the development of a Change Management strategy for the applications. The candidate is expected to maintain strong relationships with the customer base to successfully meet business customer expectations. Familiarity with best practices in Project Management and ERP implementations is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership and technical expertise to technical and functional team members.
- Estimates and tracks resource hours and completion dates for projects, milestones, and individual tasks.
- Creates technical plans, specification documents, test plans, and implementation plans for the project team.
- Provides and maintains documentation for all phases of projects.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises, as appropriate, to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Works directly with business customers to gather requirements and prepare requirements documents.
- Builds technical and functional relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Develops and implements best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the project and reviews all team deliverables.
- Effectively applies ITS Project Management methodology and enforces standards.
- Ensures that project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Acts as liaison with Project Sponsors to ensure their needs are met and effectively manages and communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Ensure that post-implementation system, application, and staffing requirements are identified and resolved before implementation.
- Uses a variety of techniques to communicate with technical staff, functional staff, and stakeholders to share project status and to address issues and concerns.
- Supervises staff including work assignments, evaluations, and addressing staff issues; determines training requirements for staff; and assesses staffing needs to initiate the hiring of additional staff as required.
- Identifies required resources and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Holds regular meetings with staff and other team members to foster team building, address issues and concerns, share information, and review progress.
- Determines final acceptance procedures.
- Conducts lessons learned to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements and develops appropriate post-implementation reports.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Five to ten years of highly technical and progressively responsible technical project management experience
- Project Management experience, including supervisory experience and budget development and oversight
- Experience with Business Process Reengineering
- Proven written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in the development of Software Development Life Cycle and initiative
- Advanced degree
- PMP certification
- Experience working in an Agile project management methodology
- Familiarity with managing disaster recovery projects
- Experience with the Financial Records System (FRS) and SciQuest
- Experience with Open Source software solutions such as Kuali, Kuali Rice, and Sakai
- Release and Configuration Management
- Financial Accounting Systems implementation and production support
- Resource management experience
- Stakeholder and communication management
- IT Process improvements background
- Business Proposal/Business Case Development experience
- Automated test tools and processes, testing experience
- An understanding of Technical Infrastructure
- Strong understanding of current trends in applications systems design, tools, and utilities
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate's compliance with the University's Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495673 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on October 24, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
This job has expired.