IT Data Analyst Intern Position Summary
The IT Data Analyst Intern will research and use data to help our business partners solve problems and make better business decisions (optimize profit, reduces expenses, provide clear real-time financial health, etc.) The analyst will assess Cretex's information and data, extract and normalize the data, and use visualization (charts, graphs, tables, and graphics) to explain what the data mean across specific amounts of time or various departments/companies. The analyst will help the organization reach simpler, smarter conclusions, and use their technical expertise to stress test the data for quality, accuracy, and completeness. This position will be located in Elk River, MN. It will be working onsite, 40 hours/week.
IT Data Analyst Intern Duties and Responsibilities
QualificationsIT Data Analyst Intern Qualifications
- Own the delivery of analytic projects, ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, within the scope
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand data content and business requirements
- Identify sources of input data and acquire them
- Use data mining to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns
- Develop strategies to collect information (as needed)
- Organize and transform information into comprehensible data structures
- Monitor data quality and remove corrupt or duplicate data
- Use tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams, graphs, and dashboards
- Prepare reports and present to stakeholders
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Participate in the Operational Excellence / Value Improvement Program
- Complete all other work duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
What to Expect from an Internship with Cretex Companies?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Currently enrolled pursuing your bachelor's degree or program in an Information Technical, Business, or Technical field
- Familiar with SQL and have experience regarding data models, database design development, and data mining
- Strong in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Passionate about the analytics and/or data science
- Ability to learn quickly and high attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Excellent communication skills and enjoy working cross-functionally
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Bonus: Microsoft PowerBI Experience
- Bonus: Familiar with R or Phyton
Each summer, we are excited to offer interns countless opportunities to network, learn more about the Cretex family of businesses, and have fun! Here are some things you'll get to experience as an intern with Cretex Companies and its businesses:
- Work with the latest technologies
- Challenge yourself and grow your skills
- Find opportunities to move across our family of businesses
Cretex offers internships in many different areas, including Engineering, Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing, Accounting, Business, and Production Operations. We encourage you to explore the many internship opportunities Cretex Medical could offer you.
Internships are available in a variety of locations within the Minneapolis/St. Paul (Minnesota) metro area, including Elk River, Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Coon Rapids, Anoka, and Dassel.
Here are some of the things that interns have said about working at Cretex:
- "I enjoyed how integrated the interns were in the workflow. We were working on projects that made an impact for the company. I had opportunities to work with employees from all areas of the company as well as other interns."
Cretex Intern Benefits:
- "During my internship, I gained firsthand experience in project management, quality systems, and manufacturing best practices. I was able to grow my skills in design by focusing on creating more ergonomic processes for manufacturing. I enjoyed the learning experience and the relationships I developed."
Cretex offers a wide range of benefits for interns including:
- Eligible for Housing Stipend for Relocation
- Eligible for Health and Wellness Benefits
- Career Development Activities
- Opportunities to Interact with Leadership
- Company Events
- Facility Tours
- Summer Intern Event
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, family status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected status as required by law.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment and eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
This job has expired.