IoT System Architect
Do you want to work for a global company that creates remarkable experiences through people, products, and food? If you want to be part of a rewarding People First culture that values relationships, trust, and taking the long view, then this is the place for you. Henny Penny was named the 2021 Dayton Business of the Year for many good reasons. Read on to learn more!
The IOT System Architect plays a key role in designing an IOT (Internet of Things) solution for Henny Penny. The Architect has the opportunity to be the technical leader in developing a long term solution for connected products in the cooking industry. The primary duties of the architect are to design systems (hardware and application) that will support the business IOT solutions between products and cloud based computing. The architect will work with internal and external resources to implement a solution that is enabled for growth and will drive long term revenue and growth for Henny Penny products and data solutions.
What We Offer
What You'll Be Doing
- An opportunity to work for a company that is 100% employee-owned. As an employee-owner, you will be enrolled in our employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) program following one year of service. This is a qualified retirement plan that is separate from your 401k and consists only of Henny Penny shares that will be paid out when you retire (or when you leave the company, but we hope you'll stay)
- Annual company performance bonus in addition to base salary
Flexibility to work from home 2 days per week and from our new engineering office in The Manhattan Building in the heart of Dayton's downtown thriving business community (must be local or willing to relocate)
- Defined career paths so you'll always know what's next and what steps can get where you want to go
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement and unlimited free access to LinkedIn Learning courses
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, and paid holidays
Onsite wellness clinic offering preventive care services such as wellness screenings, annual physicals, and related lab work at no cost to employee-owners
- Activities including department outings, holiday parties, and our annual company-wide Thanksgiving Dinner
What We're Looking For
- Provide technical leadership and coaching of project team members in support of IOT system solution
- Work with internal and external teams to implement a cloud solution to support Henny Penny IOT products
- Operate as the Subject Matter Expert for the IOT solution including utilization of products and applications to fulfill the IOT roadmap
- Conduct presentations to internal and external technical and non-technical staff showing how the solution is implemented and how it solves the objectives
- Provide input on needed resources to support the IOT solution short and long term so that proper staffing can be planned
- Provide clear and accurate system documentation to maintain the IOT product solution
- Apply knowledge to analyze complex system issues and then take action.
- Create product requirements and conducts technical feasibility studies.
- Create system design requirements, detailed technical specifications, and risk management.
- Estimate the costs, resources, and time to complete a project.
- Consistently models the Company Values and Expected Behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Brief List of Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or 12+ years' experience implementing IOT cloud based solutions
- 5+ years as an IOT architect implementing AWS or Azure solutions
- Proven track record of implementing solutions that deliver data from equipment to a cloud solution and perform data analysis on this collected information
- Experience implementing a DEVOPS solution for cloud computing solutions
- Programming experience with C/C++, Java, Python or other related tools
- 2+ years' experience implementing noSQL data solutions (desired)
We're known in our industry for making the best commercial food equipment in the world. Every day, millions of people eat in restaurants operating Henny Penny equipment. We're a behind-the-scenes engine in the world's most demanding kitchens, including long-term partners like McDonald's, Chick-fil-A, KFC, and Wendy's. We're 900+ employee-owners who thrive by living a People First mission: to support employees in becoming the best version of themselves both personally and professionally.
We recently completed the largest expansion in our history with the addition of 150,000 square feet on our Eaton campus. This expansion drives development of the world's most reliable, easy-to-use equipment with an innovative new space for global research and development. We have several collaborative spaces for our project teams, a dedicated electrical engineering lab for our hardware and software engineers, a full model shop for rapid prototyping, and a brand-new test lab that has 300 feet of hood space to test new equipment on our product roadmap. On top of that, we have a new state-of-the-art kitchen for our food science group to meet with our customers, understand what they need, and then dial in our equipment to help them make legendary menu items.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please complete the online application and attach your resume at www.hennypenny.com/careers.
Henny Penny is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability or handicap, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), marital status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
This job has expired.