We have an exciting opportunity for an intern in Underwriting/Business Development at Accident Fund Insurance.
Are you looking for an internship where you will work with a group of dynamic insurance professionals who are committed to social responsibility, making workplaces safe, and making a difference? If so, consider building your skills and starting your career with Accident Fund, a part of AF Group!
Interns will work with employees throughout the organization to forward business objectives in the areas of insurance operations and corporate functions. Interns will gain exposure to agents, policyholders, and other Accident Fund and AF Group staff and customers, as directed by business needs. Diverse knowledge of insurance company operations will be beneficial.
Voted a "Best Place to Work\" by Business Insurance Magazine for the past 12 years our culture is one of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement, all focused on our customers. AF Group and its subsidiaries carry a long-standing reputation for having a positive workplace culture that includes open communication and a commitment to inclusion and innovation. We have created an exceptional environment that provides strong compensation and benefits including tuition support and flexible work schedules.
Check out the Internships at Emergent Holdings video to learn more.
- Performs duties related to the major functional areas of our business which may include Business Development, Underwriting, Data Analysis, Loss Control, and General Business.
- Prepares and delivers presentation(s) on assigned topic(s).
- Attends unit, departmental, and corporate meetings as assigned.
- Shows learning and both personal and professional growth and understanding of responsibilities.
- Gains an understanding of how company and business works.
- Shows punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments.
- Manages multiple deadlines.
- Completes miscellaneous assignments as assigned.
- Uses company software applications to complete assignments.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries.
- This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- Have status as a sophomore, junior or senior as of the end of the spring term (or be enrolled in an applicable graduate program).
- Have status as a rising freshman, at least 18 years-old, who is enrolled in or has completed a vocational insurance-related program, with some college credits.
- Hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better as of the most recent grading period.
- Be able to work full-time during normal business hours for this summer.
- Be available to begin employment between late-May and mid-June.
Currently enrolled and active in any educational degree program that aligns with our various businesses. EXPERIENCE:
With proper education credentials no experience necessary. Previous work experience preferred. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers and company standard software; Internet research experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to proofread documents for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individuals aware of same for decision making.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts and other information.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines while maintaining composure during stressful situations occurring because of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
- The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimal skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this position description. The qualifications should not be viewed as absolute standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered with other position-related criteria.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.