Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50countries and about 55,000 staff.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Manager, Information Technology is primarily responsible for managing information technology associates to effectively implement new technology and applications to support the Eurofins Viracor Clinical Laboratory and Eurofins Viracor BioPharma Services businesses. This position reports to the Vice President of Information Technology and has direct influence on execution of the broad information technology strategy at Eurofins Viracor.
The Manager, Information Technology will have a collaborative relationship with leaders in assigned business area(s). The incumbents will understand business needs, plan information technology projects, execute projects, and provide timely and frequent status updates to stakeholders to improve the operational and financial success of the business area(s). This role will directly manage a team of functional and technical associates and indirectly influence associates on other information technology teams and across business areas to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Essential Job Duties:
QualificationsEssential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develops plans that implement information technology strategies.
- Builds and maintain information technology with the capability that reflects innovation and is consistent with company needs and budget.
- Researches technological solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Manages team of functional and technical associates.
- Performs project management on critical projects and mentors team members in project management as appropriate.
- Ensure all team members adhere to documented Software Development Life Cycle as well as relevant regulations, policies and standards.
- Manages vendors including contract negotiation, payment, and ongoing review of performance.
- Ensures 7 x 24 application support of assigned systems. Identifies root cause of issues and implements permanent solutions to prevent future occurrences. Implements proactive monitoring to ensure early warnings and quick recovery.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills by mentoring, coaching, and giving timely, accurate feedback to employees for development purposes.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of management and across all functional areas regarding applicable IT priorities and project statuses.
- Demonstrates ability to manage conflicts and issues regarding matters of significance.
- Interviews and makes appropriate hiring and termination decisions to improve the team.
- Utilizes strong network of contacts both inside and outside the company.
- Represent department and the organization favorably and in accordance with established company standards and associate attributes at all times.
- Maintains professional, technical, and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to larger organizational efforts by collaboration with other IT teams and other business departments.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Additional InformationWhat Happens Next
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; Computer Science, Information Technology, or Cyber Security degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical, IT, project management, or other relevant role with proven increase in responsibility
- 5+ years supervising teams and experience in matrix management
- Previous vendor management responsibility preferred
- Ability to foster team building; mutual respect; associate development; problem solving skills
- Willing to work outside normal business hours as job dictates
- Ability to make independent decisions regarding matters of significance
- Goal oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with an ability to adapt communications to the technical literacy of the intended audience
- Keenly attentive to detail
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.