Flexion is currently seeking an Information Technology Director for a full-time employee/direct hire role with a healthcare client based in New York, NY.
Scope of Role: The Director, Information Technology reports to the Senior Vice President, Technology and works closely with all technology and business leadership. The Director acts as a technology leader within the organization providing solutions that advance company objectives through systems and business process optimization. The Director and their team will leverage applications, vendors, and business processes to deliver effective solutions and drive IT operational excellence. The Director is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the end-to-end healthcare systems & landscape including data needs. The Director must be able to interface with the business functions, understand their needs, and translate those needs to technical solutions to fulfill the responsibilities of this job.
- Manage execution with Project Managers to ensure that programs / projects are delivered on-time, on-budget, and intervene to resolve issues as required.
- Lead to ensure the platform is managed as a product with clear governance and control of release in partnership with the project portfolio delivery team.
- Serve as technical product owner for member, clients, provider engagement ecosystem; lead conversations regarding recommendations and solutions, ensuring high quality, efficacy, scalability, and compliance.
- Responsible for the full product lifecycle management, including: strategy, design, development, management and end of life of new, existing or acquisition products.
- Provides SME (Subject Matter Experience) on business capabilities, such as claims, member, clinical, provider, transactions, etc to provide a translation of business need into technical requirements for both growth and regulatory IT initiatives.
- Ensure formation of long-term Enterprise Architecture strategy and its consistent execution / enforcement throughout IT ecosystem.
- Shape platform capability management, change control governance, and data governance; accountable for the successful delivery of projects to their final project/program objectives.
- Define and measure effectiveness, efficiency, adoption, and utilization across coordinated solutions.
- Inspire and lead the support team including mentoring, coaching, evaluation, and professional development.
- Manage and guide the testing of applications using appropriate methodologies and tools to improve quality, flexibility, and efficiency.
- Contribute to and support a positive team culture in order to enable an authentic, open, and collaborative environment that thrives on the diverse experiences and perspectives of the team.
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience.
- Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed.
- Works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Drive disaster recovery planning and mitigation strategies for applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerJob Location
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- 10+ years of professional IT experience.
- Professional IT management experience in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in translating business requirements into operational systems.
- Experience in leading teams and/or managing workloads for IT team members.
- Professional Director level experience in an enterprise environment is preferred.
- Health care industry experience.
- Prior experience working in a complex, large scale, matrix health system required.
- Demonstrated Technical Delivery Excellence (thought leadership, on time delivery, SDLC management, project, and program management)
- Proven experience performing "build vs. buy" evaluation, assessment and selection of software application solutions and required integration.
- Successful solutions implementation and management of applications, web-based portals, and web services integrated with legacy system are a strong plus, as is a strong base of experience of utilizing standardized integration tools.
- Solid understanding of SDLC and experience in leading software development business initiatives. Experience with scrum and other agile development methods is a must.
- Expert-level expertise with Microsoft SQL queries, stored procedures and data modeling.
- Good working knowledge of SFTP clients software, google analytics, OO design or functional design with understanding of common design patterns.
- Experience leading teams to deliver integrated solutions.
- Exceptional management & organizational skills enabling real time prioritization, an effective intake process for the team and a strong ability for holding the team accountable to results.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think creatively about technology solutions to execute against a business or program need.
- Demonstrated expertise in eliciting, gathering, and documenting technical requirements.
- Proven ability to translate information into well-defined Business Process Models and Workflow Diagrams.
1600 Stewart Ave Suite 700 Westbury, New YorkPosition Type
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 608-205-8868 for assistance.
This job has expired.