***$2,500.00 Sign on BONUS!***
You will be responsible for efficiently transporting hazardous/nonhazardous waste according to DOT & HAZMAT regulations with a Commercial Driver License. In addition, you will be required to respond to Emergency Response Calls to perform clean ups, spills and other duties and be on an on call 24/7 rotation.
You have a strong work ethic, are reliable and consider yourself a go-getter. You enjoy being the first person on the scene working in different environments with heavy equipment. You like being part of a team and feel accomplished after a hard day's work. You can always be counted on to exercise sound judgement on and off the jobsite. You desire to learn new skills, take safety seriously, and advance within a growing company.
Day in the Life
What you need to apply
- Perform work under the direction of a Supervisor or Foreman involving the clean up of hazardous & nonhazardous waste and materials
- Perform remediation services which include storage tank cleaning, industrial cleaning & maintenance, environmental site remediation, vacuum truck services, and demolition/dismantlement
- Perform daily inspection and required preventative maintenance of trucks, equipment, and vehicles; ensure readiness for use
- Comply with Company, DOT and HAZMAT regulations as a driver including logs, time sheets, expense reports, vehicle inspection reports, etc.
- Properly load/unload hazardous/non-hazardous waste; adhere to weight limits and ensure proper utilization of company equipment
- Perform strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects
- Maintain on-call availability to perform emergency response services including the cleanup of hazardous/non-hazardous waste spills, disaster response and recovery, and waste management
- Valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A (preferred) or B w/hazmat & tanker endorsement
- Valid Driver's License.
- 3 years clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- HAZWOPER 40-hour training highly desired, but we will train
- Ability to wear and use personal protective equipment (PPE) & be clean shaven at all times
- Pass a pre-employment physical & background screening
- Able to be on call rotation 24/7/365 for emergency response calls.
- Willing to travel out of town on short notice
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.