DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time
Performs complex instrument, controls, and electrical functions and duties including installation, calibration, testing, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, inspection and replacement of instrumentation/electronic equipment and control systems. Possesses a high level of skills and is qualified to direct others, lead projects, perform the most complex troubleshooting and repair tasks. May oversee contractors. Mentors and trains less skilled employees.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Maintains equipment, performs tests and calibrations, repairs or replaces components and troubleshoots equipment operational problems.
- Directs and/or may perform complex troubleshooting of sophisticated and specialized measurement and control circuits and systems; may use personal expertise in troubleshooting difficult and unusual instrumentation and control problems occurring at any facility; conduct tests, analyzes data and effectively recommends correction action. Conducts root cause analysis of recurring issues failures on instrumentation equipment and associated components.
- Installs wiring and conduit to assembling and troubleshooting circuits, troubleshoot and repair electrical motors and generators.
- Inspects, calibrates and repairs end devices such as transmitters, switches, fire eyes, hazardous gas detection, level detection, loop tuning, etc.
- Maintains and repairs instrumentation and electrical equipment such as valve actuators, positioners,
electric motors, control system components such as Uninterruptable Power Supply's,
Programmable Logic Controllers, Equipment Health Monitoring devices, motor control systems and
associated components, meggers on motors and associated wiring and interprets megger data, generator synchronizing panel and associated equipment.
- Performs high level maintenance and repairs (requiring de-energizing and entry and NFPA 70E certification) of Motor Control Centers and associated equipment such as switch gear, switch rack and buss inspection, motor protection equipment (Multi-Lin), and Uninterruptable Power Supplies, etc.
- Perform grounding integrity inspection, troubleshoots and replaces ground fault equipment.
- High level troubleshooting and problem solving, develop complex programming changes and graphics, advanced knowledge and understanding of process controls system, such as Distributed Control System (DCS) and Programable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Works autonomously at varying times and in diverse weather conditions, at remote field locations; available for callout.
- Participates and completes training programs, risk management reviews, and safety meetings
required to comply with state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Reviews and follows procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all company and industry
standards to meet all regulatory agency requirements.
- Accurately completes documentation such as; timesheets of contractors, MAXIMO work orders, safe job plans work permits and regulatory reports.
- Optimizes work in most effective (efficient and leveraging priority) manner, in alignment with the
Maintenance Work Process (MWP) and within the tenets of S.A.F.E. and Stop Work Authority.
- Maintains facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices.
- Effectively utilizes tools and test equipment as needed.
- Responds to operational emergencies as a member of an emergency response team.
- Performs and accurately documents regulatory required inspections.
- Oversees contractors as needed, providing specialty services (Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- Reads and comprehends technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Writes technical reports and effectively presents information to managers and general plant personnel.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Completion of Tech school training program or one year of oil and gas operations experience is required. Employees typically have three or more years of experience in oil and gas operations specializing in instrumentation and electrical maintenance; however, people with less experience may be hired into training roles.
- Is proficient in Equity Engineering Plant Manager, RBI and PCMS software packages,
- Is proficient in API 530 and performing heater remaining tube life calculations, and API being capable of performing a variety of Level 1 and 2 Fitness for Service calculations.
- Understands plant processing with ability to identify enhancement opportunities.
- Interprets and updates P&ID's, electrical drawings, and diagrams.
- Uses strong communication skills, interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships.
- Works independently as well as part of a team.
- URL blocked - click to apply
- Occasional travel will be required
- Works extended hours, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Works safely near large, hot, high-speed machines.
- The salary is $64,667-$132,829.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
I&E Tech / Full-timeJob Posting:
Aug 3, 2022, 10:53:58 AM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.