MV Transportation is seeking a Human Resources Manager who is the local resource that plans, directs, and coordinates the administrative functions of Service Provider's workforce. This individual can serve as a link between Service Provider's employees to its management. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for employee recruitment, screening, and retention is integral to the effective provision of customer service-oriented transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Sourcing, recruiting and hiring employees
- Maintaining financial, payroll, personnel, reporting, and other records as needed
- Developing and implementing innovative recruitment approaches to find and attract unique and specialized talent
- Establishing a hiring process including reviewing applications or resumes, screening applicants, interviewing potential employees, and conducting reference and background checks
- Ensuring all personnel records are accurately maintained including maintenance of proper records and documentation of required training, certifications, and compliance
- Administration of compensation and benefit programs
- Addressing concerns or complaints received from staff either in person or through the Employee Hotline, investigating complaints, and documents finding for review by regional and corporate compliance staff
- Developing and implementing initiatives to improve and maintain employee satisfaction and retention and to minimize turnover
- Reviewing and shaping organization policies and rules in order to stay compliant and enhance the contractor's performance
- Developing and revising job descriptions and training/certification checklists
- Monitoring staffing and projected work levels and communicate with the General Manager, Safety and Training Manager, and Operations Manager regarding anticipated changes in required staffing levels
- Ensuring that employee evaluations and reviews are administered on-time and objectively
- Participating in regular meetings with the General Manager and other departments to the assure the Contractor is achieving the stated performance goals
- Ensure compliance with client, company, Maryland, and federal requirements for employment
- Serves as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) officer for the location
- Acts as liaison with representative of an employee union
- Other projects as assigned by Regional HR team member
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years in a Human Resource management with 200+ employees
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or a closely related field or equivalent experience
- Human Resources certifications are a plus
- Interpersonal, and diplomacy skills in dealing with employees at all levels of the organization
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.