You are a highly effective Human Resources Generalist who thrives when engaging with people from all walks of life. You are adaptable to change and creative with process improvement. Customer service is your servant-leader mindset. You communicate in a proactive and positive manner, treating others with dignity and respect. You're a self-motivated ongoing learner who truly cares about others, and are motivated to help people achieve their career goals. You advance your profession by working collaboratively with your HR community and site leaders.
The HR Generalist will work from our Detroit location, and is responsible for implementing HR practices and objectives that encourage an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality, productivity, standards, goal attainment, recruitment and on-going development of a high-performing workforce. Provides advice, assistance and carries out responsibilities in a broad range of HR customer support for company personnel in a fast-paced environment.
Day in the Life
After grabbing your favorite morning beverage you can expect to:
What you need to apply
- Check-in with your managers and HR leader
- Collaborate with managers to advertise open positions
- Plan and perform candidate recruiting activities online and in the community
- Schedule and perform candidate screenings and interviews
- Assist employees with various employment related questions and paperwork
- Communicate updates and train managers and employees on company initiatives, policies, and practices.
- Assist with and participate in corrective action and progressive discipline
- Participate on HR projects and committees
- Engage in "awesome" team-building experiences
- Maintain knowledge of current HR law and practices
For your hard work
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, or a combination of education and experience
- 5 years of professional HR Generalist experience working with stakeholders and employee groups to address their HR needs
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred
- Ability to split time and attention between multiple facilities
- Practical experience working and advising on employment law including, but not limited to ADA, FMLA, FLSA, HIPAA, Title VII, AA/EEO programs and regulations
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
- Understanding of time card processing for payroll purposes
- Skill using MS Office Suite is essential
- Ability to handle complicated employment issues and the occasional stressful situation with a calm and professional demeanor
- Experience working with Workday (preferred) or other HR Information Systems and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Option for company paid Medical, Dental and Vision
- Discretionary 401K employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Participation in Bonus program
- Recognition programs for your contributions
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
To learn more about US Ecology's workplace culture, our vision and employee value proposition, visit www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.